Analytical Season Projection

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cfbanalytics.com/predictions.php

This was posted on Scout. This site has us going 8-4 with 1pt losses to Ohio State and Wisconsin, a 7pt loss @Oregon, and a 16pt loss @PSU. They have us in a lot of dog fight wins, which probably signifies that their formula doesn't know what to expect from us at this point (how could it?). Seems fair but it would be brutal to have all these close games this year haha. How would people feel about this version of an 8 win season? A close loss to Ohio State would be heartbreaking, but also promising. Another close loss to Wisconsin would suck though, need to get over that hump already.

Wisconsin: 11-1

Northwestern: 9-3

Iowa: 6-6

Just for discussion purposes, obviously can't take any analytics as complete truth yet, especially with how many changes we have in place.

• Fire 1

On 8/3/2017 at 7:29 AM, boach_clack said:

I think it will all come down to the Defense and the QB play. If Tanner Lee is able to control possession and defense doesnt give up big plays, we should be in position to win a few games. With that said, 9-3 is pretty lofty. Im thinking 8-4.

This pretty much mirrors my sentiments.  If QB and defense play well we can beat Oregon, Minny, Iowa.  OSU and Wisconsin look like losses.  I will be interested to see if Penn State can be as good as last year.  Those 6 teams best outcome is 4-2 but easily could be 2-4.  So it's probably 3-3 in those games. :snacks:  

On 8/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, Moiraine said:

Oregon State "keeps getting more competetive under Andersen" ? This is why Riley has a D+?

Uh, they went 4-8 last year. 2-10 the year before that. Ya, they improved, but in no way do those 2 records show that Oregon State is better now than they were with Riley.

Riley left the cupboard bare 

• Plus1 2

I've been watching football for four decades.  Nebraska is going to beat the expectations this year.  

Our HC is putting in more heart and soul this year, you can tell by watching the post practice interviews.  

We have a DC who is certainly one of the nations best, and he is really pumping up this team, and coaching well.

Human nature is to expect linear future patterns.  However, our potential upside is more exponential than linear.  And emotion cannot be measured by statistics.  Think Louisville/ Clemson last year.  Any team other than Clemson loses that game.  But not Dabo's boys.

EMOTION.

DIACO   

NU WINS