Analytical Season Projection

32 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Yep.  Especially with that linebacker who left, went to Alabama, won the starting job and helped win a national title.  He was part of that bare cupboard.  

I guess I should have inserted the sarcasm emoji.  I have no idea how Riley left OSU because I don't care about that program.  I was more making a joke about what people say about our old coach 

I agree that watching many of the pressers and interviews and player comments - one thing does clearly emerge from them.  There is a quiet confidence and comraderie and that often cited team unity and bonding that is needed for a team to reach beyond its sum of the parts to create the synergy that leads to higher success levels.  

Reports indicate the team is in overall better physical shape and conditioning.  I hope this is true because the stronger, better conditioned and tougher teams win those fourth quarter battles, especially in the trenches where it counts the most.  We have to win with less depth than teams of yester-year but I tend to think that depth is a problem for our opponents as well as the long term impacts of more competition, more schools, fewer overall numbers of players, etc is setting on on 90% of the programs.  The Bamas and Ohio States and perhaps a handful of others may still have 4 deep but most don't.  It will depend on our coaches to be sure to rotate and substitute during the games to get guys rest and keep fresh legs and energy levels up so the fatigue and injury issues don't take us down again.  Let's hope our coaches utilize the 60 or so 'ready for prime time' players better and get experience and develop as much depth as we can with our limited numbers.  This will be key.

I don't think we'll be blowing people out by half time but we should be taking control by late third quarters of most games.  

On 8/20/2017 at 1:14 PM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I guess I should have inserted the sarcasm emoji.  I have no idea how Riley left OSU because I don't care about that program.  I was more making a joke about what people say about our old coach 

Oh, my apologies.  I thought you were serious.  I've heard people here (Oregon) claim that very thing.  Andersen drove away a lot of Riley's kids including that linebacker whose name I cannot remember.