19. KSU

20. WVU

21. USF

22. Virginia Tech

23. Texas

24. Tennessee

25. Utah

Others Receiving Votes

Washington State 99; Colorado 72; TCU 58; Boise State 49; Notre Dame 49; Texas A&M 46; Pittsburgh 45; North Carolina State 39; Oregon 37; Northwestern 25; Nebraska 23; Memphis 22; Arkansas 22; Mississippi State 19; San Diego State 18; Appalachian State 11; Brigham Young 10; Georgia Tech 10; Tulsa 10; Wyoming 9; Western Michigan 8; Temple 8; North Carolina 8; Houston 7; Troy 6; Minnesota 6; Iowa 5; Louisiana Tech 4; Syracuse 3; Arizona 2; Army 1; Colorado State 1; Michigan State 1; Maryland 1; Toledo 1; UCLA 1.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

Huskers have 3 top ten teams on deck. NU comes in at #36.

• Fire 1

I still find the season forecasts this year very, very strange. Does everybody know something we don't?... Or are they all completely ignoring the Lee factor / waiting to see how it'll play out?

The Lee factor is 100% based on hope, so fans are going to cling to it more than outsiders. As for our lack of a ranking, we haven't finished in the top 25 since 2012, and last year, we climbed via a soft schedule before getting knocked back to reality once we started playing tough teams.

Voters are gonna hedge on NU for awhile.

Seems more realistic for a preseason estimate than a lot of the predictions we've seen. Like a lot of previews seem to think Oregon is going right back to world-beater status and will walk all over us, but this has them just two spots ahead of us.

I still find the season forecasts this year very, very strange. Does everybody know something we don't?... Or are they all completely ignoring the Lee factor / waiting to see how it'll play out?

The Lee factor is 100% based on hope, so fans are going to cling to it more than outsiders. As for our lack of a ranking, we haven't finished in the top 25 since 2012, and last year, we climbed via a soft schedule before getting knocked back to reality once we started playing tough teams.

Voters are gonna hedge on NU for awhile.

Yeah, I think most of the predictions are kind of on opposite ends. Like you said, fans tend to be more hopeful than warranted. On the other hand, national guys tend to put more stock in who's gone/who's back so going from a four-year starter to pretty much an unknown - plus a new defense - would tend to point to taking a step back. The truth - as it usually does - will likely lie somewhere in the middle.

• Fire 1

Tennessee and texa$$ getting their yearly tug job.

I'm not really buying Tennessee (again .... still .... ) but Texas I could see. They play in a bad conference and have a lot of talent on the roster. After hiring a coach seemingly on the rise, it wouldn't take a lot for them to get it together.

They play at USC which will be tough. Oklahoma should still be tough but in transition. After that? Okie State? TCU? Not a lot of really tough games.