Missed Opportunity

I've been thinking about this since the new uniforms came out. It seems to me that the BIG missed out on an enormous opportunity to have Nebraska and Michigan play this year, the 20th anniversary of the 1997 National Championship teams. I would imagine that if the BIG has scheduled that game instead of Ohio State, and played into the narrative, it would have immediately been must see TV and drawn a great deal of attention to the league.

I know, I know, today's teams are nothing like the '97 teams, and the game would prove nothing. But could you imagine seeing Nebraska vs. Michigan in those throwback jerseys? Would have been incredibly awesome. Anyway, missed opportunity in my view.

• Fire 3

Outside of Nebraska and Michigan, which are markets that already would have watched the game, I don't think it would have been that big of a deal. For example, are you hoping for a USC/LSU match up in 2023 to mark the 20 years since their split NC?

Maybe you will play Michigan in the B1G championship game?

• Fire 1

Outside of Nebraska and Michigan, which are markets that already would have watched the game, I don't think it would have been that big of a deal. For example, are you hoping for a USC/LSU match up in 2023 to mark the 20 years since their split NC?

Well, I'm not waiting for it, but that's a cool way to spin a lot of intrigue ... and get USC and LSU a lot of sweet press. In our case, it'd be even neater since these two teams are now in the same conference.

It'd have been smart of the Big Ten. Very brand promotional. Lots of great storylines. In addition to the drama of old, these are two programs who have been trying for years to reclaim their former glory. Both have coaches entering Year 3 following high-profile firings. Riley and Harbaugh are both a contrast in styles and one was the mentor of the other. And now they're meeting on the field for the first time! Can you draw it up any better than that?

Come think of it, they should probably have the officials rig the season so that it is a B1G championship meetup for us. Great thinking, jaws! ;)

• Fire 2

Well, I'm not waiting for it, but that's a cool way to spin a lot of intrigue ... and get USC and LSU a lot of sweet press. In our case, it'd be even neater since these two teams are now in the same conference.

It'd have been smart of the Big Ten. Very brand promotional. Lots of great storylines. In addition to the drama of old, these are two programs who have been trying for years to reclaim their former glory. Both have coaches entering Year 3 following high-profile firings. Riley and Harbaugh are both a contrast in styles and one was the mentor of the other. And now they're meeting on the field for the first time! Can you draw it up any better than that?

Come think of it, they should probably have the officials rig the season so that it is a B1G championship meetup for us. Great thinking, jaws! ;)

"The game to end all debates"

Outside of the possibility of them meeting this year in the conference championship game, I guess we will see how much they can hype the game next season. I just don't see how a game this year would be any different than the games in 2011, 2012 and 2013 other than having the Harbaugh/Riley connection.