Cowherd Giving NU love...

There is zero chance that Riley's on the hot seat after a 10-3 season no matter what. There's even less chance that Eichorst would somehow be on the hot seat.

If it's a 10-3 season with losses to OSU, UW, and Iowa, that means there's a decent chance we're playing in a january bowl against a ranked opponent and win it, in addition to wins over a possibly much improved Oregon team, and a (as of now) top ranked Penn State team.

• Fire 1

There is zero chance that Riley's on the hot seat after a 10-3 season no matter what. There's even less chance that Eichorst would somehow be on the hot seat.

If it's a 10-3 season with losses to OSU, UW, and Iowa, that means there's a decent chance we're playing in a january bowl against a ranked opponent and win it, in addition to wins over a possibly much improved Oregon team, and a (as of now) top ranked Penn State team.

Agreed. No way that type of season puts Riley on a "scorching" hot seat.

After the type of prognostication going on nationally about the Huskers, I think most fans would happy with the outcome described by Landlord.

After the type of prognostication going on nationally about the Huskers, I think most fans would happy with the outcome described by Landlord.

At what year do we need to win the west then? Just keep going 10-3 and losing to our biggest west competition and Riley continues to be our coach?

At what year do we need to win the west then? Just keep going 10-3 and losing to our biggest west competition and Riley continues to be our coach?

Let's cross that bridge when we get there.

• Fire 4

I mean, I think we need to be competitive in the West "soon". If we are things will be calm, if not eventually it'll be a lot more fair to see people being antsy than it is right now, on the even of Season 3 -- especially considering the scope of the transition on both sides of the ball.

I mean, I think we need to be competitive in the West "soon". If we are things will be calm, if not eventually it'll be a lot more fair to see people being antsy than it is right now, on the even of Season 3 -- especially considering the scope of the transition on both sides of the ball.

Fair enough

Let's cross that bridge when we get there.

I mean no offense to you when I say this, but I hate that saying. WE ARE FANS! We can cross any hypothetical bridge we want too when it comes to Husker Football. WE DON'T PLAY!

• Fire 1

Will Jim Harbaugh be on the hot seat if Michigan finishes in the top 10 for the third year in a row, but gets third in the East again?

They're paying him like eight million times more than we're paying Riley, and he came in with way, way higher expectations.

Riley's seat will always be safe if one of three things is true.

1. We are exhibiting positive momentum or an upward trajectory.

2. We are winning our division and have enough positive circumstances, either from bowl wins or good games against elite competition, to give people optimism.

3. We are winning championships of any kind.

Right now, #1 is true. If we win 10 games this season, #1 will still be true, and Riley will continue to buy himself more time.

Okay. I'm kind of with Rike on this one. I don't think anybody is on a scorching hot seat if we go 10-3 (which I think we will) but personally I'm gonna lose my sh!t if one of our losses is to Iowa and I'll be on the verge of it if another is Wiscy. IMO, those are 2 games we must win this year.

• Fire 2

Okay. I'm kind of with Rike on this one. I don't think anybody is on a scorching hot seat if we go 10-3 (which I think we will) but personally I'm gonna lose my sh!t if one of our losses is to Iowa and I'll be on the verge of it if another is Wiscy. IMO, those are 2 games we must win this year.

So you're not with Rike Miley?

Will Jim Harbaugh be on the hot seat if Michigan finishes in the top 10 for the third year in a row, but gets third in the East again?

They're paying him like eight million times more than we're paying Riley, and he came in with way, way higher expectations.

Riley's seat will always be safe if one of three things is true.

1. We are exhibiting positive momentum or an upward trajectory.

2. We are winning our division and have enough positive circumstances, either from bowl wins or good games against elite competition, to give people optimism.

3. We are winning championships of any kind.

Right now, #1 is true. If we win 10 games this season, #1 will still be true, and Riley will continue to buy himself more time.

If he keeps losing to OSU you can your ass his seat will be hot

I would echo what zoogs said. Nebraska needs to be competitive in the West, and IMO make a conference championship, "soon." I just don't think I'm ready to say much beyond that until I see how this next season plays out.

It's high time a Riley coached team wins against Iowa and/or Wisconsin. I'll give you that.

So you're not with Rike Miley?

I'm with him as far as those 2 games being highly important now, this year. Probably our two most important games to perform exceptionally well in, Not sure how my personal feeling relates to hot seats for coaches or AD's. I have to assume if we struggle with those it won't be a pretty season. Losing to Iowa would likely mean at least 4 losses and that is about where my tolerance level is at with this schedule.