Fall Camp Updates - Running Backs

I love that there is good competition for starting positions in the fall- pushing all to get better. Nice to hear our rookie is hanging with the experienced guys- maybe more upside? With the depth we have at the position I think we institute a new rule- running back fumbles= 1 game suspension lol.

Nebraska has its four scholarship backs — Tre Bryant, Devine Ozigbo, Mikale Wilbon and Jaylin Bradley — clustered. Bradley, the freshman from Bellevue West, fits in well. He caught coach Mike Riley’s eye Day 1, and in a drill, you could see Riley watching, and approving. Bradley catches the ball without hesitation or trouble. Bradley’s ball security skills will be tested. Most improved over the summer? Ozigbo. He’s returned to the trimmer back we saw as a freshman, and he may be NU’s best pure draw play guy. He doesn’t fumble, and he’s spry in open space. He needs a little room to operate. Tre Bryant may be the No. 1 guy for now, and he runs tough between the tackles.

OWH

Its just my opinion, but if there isn't much separation between the backs you might as well redshirt Bradley right? No point in playing him 3-5 snaps a game and wasting his freshman season. Kid has a ton of talent, but there are 3 other backs that are going to get more carries than he is.

Unless he's a special teams starter

I like the stable we have, a true 1 will emerge.

Who do you think it will be? I would like it to OZ. But it might be Bryant. Not sure Wilbon has the focus yet. I haven't had the pleasure of watching Bradley yet, but Benning loves him, at least in HS>

I feel like Bryant gets it but if Oz has truly cut weight it could be him.