Fall Camp Updates - Running Backs

Its just my opinion, but if there isn't much separation between the backs you might as well redshirt Bradley right? No point in playing him 3-5 snaps a game and wasting his freshman season. Kid has a ton of talent, but there are 3 other backs that are going to get more carries than he is.

I imagine you'd want to take a similar approach like the program did with Burkhead in '09 if, in fact, Bradley can play to that level so early.

I see Oz taking the Imani Cross roll in the end. Bryant showed too much potential early, it has to be him. I just get the feeling Wilbon ends up a consistent #2.

Wilbon is also the favorite back to set up the swing pass in the flat. I swear he got brought in only to run that one play multiple time last year. Not sure they trust him as a runner yet.

If Bradley can help in any matter I think you play him. Even if that is just special teams. I'm not a fan of redshirts unless it's a lineman.

Especially if the skill level guy is any good, there is a good chance he goes to the NFL before his 5th year at the program. I'm not saying Bradley is that caliber of player, but if he breaks out in his 3rd or 4th year in the program, there is a good chance of him going to the NFL anyway.

They're not coming out and saying it, but Tre Bryant has the strong inside track here -- and it's because he's likely to supplant the other veteran who's logged lots of PT, Devine Ozigbo. Credit to Tre.

And it's because a senior RB and feature back graduated. So.

(This is in response to why there isn't an established veteran. Because 2/3 split the role and they're competing.)

They're not coming out and saying it, but Tre Bryant has the strong inside track here -- and it's because he's likely to supplant the other veteran who's logged lots of PT, Devine Ozigbo. Credit to Tre.And it's because a senior RB and feature back graduated. So.

And it's not like Newby..... (looks around for BlitzFirst)....left big shoes to fill.

• Fire 4

I think Bradley gets a lot more carries than people expect this year. The kid is lightning quick; he hits the whole faster than a rabbit.

Seems like a waste with a stable of backs that are equally as capable. Why waste the year? Like someone else said. 3-5 carries a game isn't worth burning a redshirt
Perhaps I should have said a lot more touches. He could be really effective catching the ball out of the backfield too. A wheel route here, a HB screen there.