Fall Camp Updates - Running Backs

Without saying it explicitly, Davis confirmed that Bryant and Wilbon have been the top two backs with Oz and Bradley working behind them.

That's how I understood as well.

I feel better with Bryant and Wilbon being the top 2 backs. Nothing against Oz, but he doesn't have the big play ability that I prefer. Oz could be a good back to bring in for the 4th quarter to grind out the clock, but I like the most versatile backs in Bryant and Wilbon.
this is kinda where I scratch my head at some comments from fans... how they just lump guys like OZ and Imani cross together. I'm pretty sure OZ had just as many "long" runs as Newby last year. Everyone seemed to be so high on Newby but OZ is just a grinder? Anyway I feel better about the rotation this year

Pretty sure this is not the case. Just looking at their longest run in each game - not perfect but easy to find quickly - Oz had the one long run against Tennessee (42 yards). After that, his longest runs were 17, 16, 15 and 12. In four games his longest run was less than 10 yards.

Newby on the other hand had long runs of 63, 49, 25, 25, 19, 19, 18 and 17. So Newby had 8 games where his longest run was at least as long as Oz's second-best.

Up until the last few games in '16, I still preferred Ozigbo. They'll all three play, but I expect him to be the most productive for Nebraska in '17.

I like all 3 from what I've seen. Not sure if any one of them is a star player though.

Bryant might be the best at pass protection out of the 3. Might give him a leg up. Ozigbo's a good pass catcher and has good agility for a big fella. Wilbon seems to have potential as a big play threat, but potential isn't always realized. Hopefully this is the year.

I would give Ozigbo a slight edge over Imani Cross. Bigger backs with big back speed so nothing overwhelming there. Ozigbo has a little shiftiness but Imani had just a little too. Ozigbo is/could be a good back imo in those slobberknocker games where he could come in and ground and pound on an already (hopefully) tired defense. Goal line situations. If they could develop him into a good blocking back too I think he could be great in that role.

lol no

I would give Ozigbo a slight edge over Imani Cross. Bigger backs with big back speed so nothing overwhelming there. Ozigbo has a little shiftiness but Imani had just a little too. Ozigbo is/could be a good back imo in those slobberknocker games where he could come in and ground and pound on an already (hopefully) tired defense. Goal line situations. If they could develop him into a good blocking back too I think he could be great in that role.

lol no

Excellent analysis

• Fire 3

Refresh my memory, what happened to Bryant in the 2nd half of the season? I remember a couple of very good games for him early and then he appeared to go dormant.

Newby really turned it on actually got a decent chance to carry the ball towards the end of the season. Ziggy was hurt, don't remember Bryant being injured.

FIFY