Board Forum Reorginazation

Mavric

I've always viewed it as some combination of both, a place to get team news but also talk about them. I'd wager at least 80-90% of the Husker news I get comes from perusing Huskerboard.

I get your point about the throng of fall camp related threads, though. I too have felt overwhelmed by them at times, but they generate discussion and (ultimately) nobody is forced to go into them. Most of them will disappear into page 2 within a few weeks once the season starts.

• Fire 2

Those are certainly part of it.

I've been vocal about this before and don't mean it personally, but I don't understand Mav's style of making dozens of threads and filling them up with just tweets. It's cluttered, and it doesn't drive great content. I already have a twitter feed. I come to huskerboard to shoot the sh#t with huskerboard members.

Like, I don't think we need separate threads for Fall Camp News & Notes, Fall Camp 105 Man Roster, Every Post Practice Presser, Fall Camp Schedule, Body Cameras at Fall Camp, in addition to about 10 position threads, injuries, so on and so forth, with the driving force of content not actually being conversation but tweets.

Just my opinion that it detracts from conversation and is unnecessary.

Disagree completely. First, not everyone has a twitter. Second, some posters do not have the time that to follow 200+ Husker related twitter feeds in order to follow the news. All of Mavric's posts seem at least tangentially related to topics that he posts in. I, for one, really appreciate it, and his posts seem more on point than many of the frivolous posts that are allowed in the forums.

It's really not that hard or time consuming. I work 70-80 hour weeks this time of year, and I manage.

I've been vocal about this before and don't mean it personally, but I don't understand Mav's style of making dozens of threads and filling them up with just tweets. It's cluttered, and it doesn't drive great content. I already have a twitter feed. I come to huskerboard to shoot the sh#t with huskerboard members.

Like, I don't think we need separate threads for Fall Camp News & Notes, Fall Camp 105 Man Roster, Every Post Practice Presser, Fall Camp Schedule, Body Cameras at Fall Camp, in addition to about 10 position threads, injuries, so on and so forth, with the driving force of content not actually being conversation but tweets.

Disagree completely. First, not everyone has a twitter. Second, some posters do not have the time that to follow 200+ Husker related twitter feeds in order to follow the news. All of Mavric's posts seem at least tangentially related to topics that he posts in. I, for one, really appreciate it, and his posts seem more on point than many of the frivolous posts that are allowed in the forums.

It's really not that hard or time consuming. I work 70-80 hour weeks this time of year, and I manage.

Get a spouse and some kids. If you already have that, then you are extremely efficient with your time so kudos. I just think that the tweets don't really detract from the board, so I would hate to lose all of that info.

Get a spouse and some kids. If you already have that, then you are extremely efficient with your time so kudos. I just think that the tweets don't really detract from the board, so I would hate to lose all of that info.

Have a wife and three kids....

The tweets don't bother me, neither. Earlier, I was speaking more to there being a new thread for every post-practice presser, and a fall camp update thread for every position. I think that could all be consolidated into fewer threads. The same could be said for the political forums; how many "Trump is terrible" threads do we need?

• Fire 2

Have a wife and three kids....

The tweets don't bother me, neither. Earlier, I was speaking more to there being a new thread for every post-practice presser, and a fall camp update thread for every position. I think that could all be consolidated into fewer threads. The same could be said for the political forums; how many "Trump is terrible" threads do we need?

More frequent consolidation would be fine, but I think you are creating more work for Mods who literally voluntarily give their free time for the board. Plus, the decision to consolidate the threads would be totally arbitrary, which would offend certain posters (unless there is some set standard I am unaware of).

Regardless if we agree or not, I will say you must be pretty efficient with your time to be able to keep up with all that's going on in your life, so good job on your part!

• Fire 3

I read Huskerboard when I poop.

That's why we need Mav's posts...saves time from reading 100+ related Husker posts on twitter....why go to twitter when all of the material can be sought on Huskerboard.

Again, I do not mind tweets on the board, but scrolling through a twitter feed takes way less time than clicking through 15+ different threads on huskerboard. I think you're just old and resent technology :P

That's why we need Mav's posts...saves time from reading 100+ related Husker posts on twitter....why go to twitter when all of the material can be sought on Huskerboard.

Again, I do not mind tweets on the board, but scrolling through a twitter feed takes way less time than clicking through 15+ different threads on huskerboard. I think you're just old and resent technology :P

Those threads get a bunch of views, so somebody is reading them, and there's usually a decent amount of discussion in them. If it was like this all year long, I would agree that it can be a bit cluttered, but at the same time, you're talking about a span of 3-4 weeks of fall camp, when there's really not much else to talk about anyway. Once the season starts, they roll off the front page quickly.

• Fire 1

Those threads get a bunch of views, so somebody is reading them, and there's usually a decent amount of discussion in them. If it was like this all year long, I would agree that it can be a bit cluttered, but at the same time, you're talking about a span of 3-4 weeks of fall camp, when there's really not much else to talk about anyway. Once the season starts, they roll off the front page quickly.

Mostly people looking for updates on recruits.

I think we should have a recruit "social media update thread." It would keep the "Recruit Profile" threads from getting inundated.