Board Forum Reorginazation

Mavric

20 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The old version of the board would often start at the newest unread post but then scroll back up due to images continuing to be loaded, especially twitter links. It was really annoying especially the recruiting threads would require me to scroll back down to find the next post. This upgrade fixed that issue and now my page stays on the newest unread post. Thanks!

I'm having issues on desktop and mobile when I click to read the circle to the left, to start where I left off, that it loads and the page starts bouncing up and down, like it's continuing to load. I've shut off sigs so there's less to load, but still seems very clunky.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Anybody get forwarded to their own profile when trying to post a status update?

I click on the "What's on your mind?" field, it says loading, and just sends me to my profile. Weird.

For some reason a bunch of users are not set to be able to post status updates.  When I look at the user configuration, several have been set to "No, but member can re-enable."  Not sure what that means or how it got that way but I bet it was forwarding you to your profile so you could enable it.  I went ahead and enabled it for you. 

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, Mavric said:

For some reason a bunch of users are not set to be able to post status updates.  When I look at the user configuration, several have been set to "No, but member can re-enable."  Not sure what that means or how it got that way but I bet it was forwarding you to your profile so you could enable it.  I went ahead and enabled it for you. 

Thanks Mav!

On 8/17/2017 at 8:55 AM, Mavric said:

The only way I've found to see everything from all users is to go under the Activity tab at the top and under My Activity Streams choose Create New Stream and set it up to pull only Status Updates.  A bit cumbersome the first time but then it saves that for you so you can just choose it from My Activity Streams going forward. 

Just noticed that now that I created this Stream, I have a link right about the Status Updates on the main page that is a shortcut to view all status updates.

• Plus1 1

On 8/18/2017 at 7:21 AM, MinnwiscowaSker said:

I'm having issues on desktop and mobile when I click to read the circle to the left, to start where I left off, that it loads and the page starts bouncing up and down, like it's continuing to load. I've shut off sigs so there's less to load, but still seems very clunky.

Someone +1ed this so my account is not alone? Feels like back in the free 10 hours of AOL days with a 2400 modem. Any help? Thanks!

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure what to think on this.  I've never seen it do that.

What OS is this on?  Have you tried it on a different device?

Sierra on a brand new laptop. 10.3.3 on an iphone 6. LTE and two different wireless networks that are both fast... which is why I posted it here. I'm not the guy who forgets to restart his device as a first measure.

If nobody else chimes in, I'll say it's a me problem, but it's so bad on my phone that I'm ready to give up using the device... which is how I use Huskerboard 90% of the time... fewer uninformed snarky comments for the masses...

Dont like having to go to entire different page to read status updates and replies. Loved the way it used to work. Stay on same page. Also with chrome, in desktop view on phone, cant see full status updates. Just like first line, so have to click on it and then get redirected to total different page just to read it.