Board Forum Reorginazation

Mavric

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Minnwiscowa, if you wait a few seconds, does it stop?  I get something like that when all the tweets & images on the page are loading, but after a few seconds they're in and the bouncing around stops.  Is that what you're getting?

That's what I'm getting for sure. Takes sometimes five seconds after my

browser says the page is loaded for the bouncing around to stop. Never happened in the old site. 

Good, I'm not crazy.

Any solutions?

I think it's just the lag in loading all the embedded twitter posts and/or images.  It was doing that for me for a while before the upgrade, and it's doing it again. 

Maybe there's a browser setting where it doesn't show the page until everything is loaded?  I don't know if that's available on mobile. 

It is annoying, I agree with you there. But with all the stuff being loaded from Twitter, I don't think it's going to stop anytime soon. 

I'm not sure I even understand the issue: which button are you attempting to click that lets you pick up where you left off and causes the loading problems? Is that a mobile only feature? I must never use it, or if I do, I'm misunderstanding what it is.

On mobile there is a nice little button colored red, off to the left side, that does the same thing Knapp pointed out. (Notice I visited the Wisconsin game page in the pic and it's been marked as read.) Takes you to where you left off. Really handy.

Just jumps around with the new upgrade, after the browser says the page is loaded.  Never used to. Used different internet signals, browsers and devices. Same problem. 

IMG_5038.PNG

17 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

On mobile there is a nice little button colored red, off to the left side, that does the same thing Knapp pointed out. (Notice I visited the Wisconsin game page in the pic and it's been marked as read.) Takes you to where you left off. Really handy.

Just jumps around with the new upgrade, after the browser says the page is loaded.  Never used to. Used different internet signals, browsers and devices. Same problem. 

IMG_5038.PNG

After it jumps around, does it end in the right place?

Usually not. I have to scroll down. That happened in the old format too. Didn't always take me to the last read post, but was closer than clicking the name of the thread and starting at the top of the page. Clicking on the last post, like Knapp pointed out, took you to the bottom of the most recent page, but if there was ten posts you hadn't read, you had to scroll back up.

It's hard being me.

1 hour ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Usually not. I have to scroll down. That happened in the old format too. Didn't always take me to the last read post, but was closer than clicking the name of the thread and starting at the top of the page. Clicking on the last post, like Knapp pointed out, took you to the bottom of the most recent page, but if there was ten posts you hadn't read, you had to scroll back up.

It's hard being me.

Crazy. I was having that problem with the old board but the upgrade completely fixed it for me.

I don't have any good ideas to fix it. Maybe try updating your OS/browser?

The previous board wouldn't load embedded Tweets until after the screen position was determined so once they did load you had to scroll down to get back to the first unread posts.

On the desktop version of the new board, it accounts for that and you are at the correct post after everything loads.

I haven't used the board on my iPad much since the upgrade but it did seem to be doing some of the same jumping.  I'll have to try it a little more but I'm guessing that's what is happening.  When you get the jumping you might see if there are a bunch of Tweets on that page.  I don't know if there is a remedy for that.  Other than you might try the Non-Responsive theme (drop down at the bottom of the page) and see if it does the same thing.

It's got to be the Twitter. As for not ending up in the right place, my guess is that would be from scrolling as the jumping around is still going.

I don't know that there's a way to fix that. Designers who weren't designing for pages with 30 embedded tweets all finishing loading at different times.

• Plus1 1