Board Forum Reorginazation

Mavric

I like the changes. P&R as a stand-alone forum isn't something that ever seemed necessary, but it works. I like putting Plan-it Husker & the Classifieds inside the shell of the Lounge. That also makes sense.

I agree with NM - Recruiting should be "Football Recruiting," since that's the only sports' recruiting it focuses on.

• Fire 2

It's not a big deal, but has annoyed me since day one joining the board, every 'HB' icon next to the categories has a football in front of it.....

That's an interesting point. It would be kind of cool for each one to have their own icon. But I have no idea what would go into that or where to get the other icons. I'd have to do some checking.

The board reorganizing is fine, but I think less threads that are nothing more than twitter feeds of the same info would be way more useful personally!

Are you referring to the "Fall Camp Updates" threads that are position specific? They can be a bit cumbersome, but I think it helps keep talk of positions focused. Once the season starts, they drop off in a hurry.

• Fire 1

Those are certainly part of it.

I've been vocal about this before and don't mean it personally, but I don't understand Mav's style of making dozens of threads and filling them up with just tweets. It's cluttered, and it doesn't drive great content. I already have a twitter feed. I come to huskerboard to shoot the sh#t with huskerboard members.

Like, I don't think we need separate threads for Fall Camp News & Notes, Fall Camp 105 Man Roster, Every Post Practice Presser, Fall Camp Schedule, Body Cameras at Fall Camp, in addition to about 10 position threads, injuries, so on and so forth, with the driving force of content not actually being conversation but tweets.

Just my opinion that it detracts from conversation and is unnecessary.

To play Devil's Advocate, we have several members who aren't in tune with social media. They may find benefit in those types of threads. The most recent post practice presser thread from Aug. 5th has 792 views and 18 comments at the time of this post, for example.

That said, I'm all about brevity. If the same type of thread is being posted regularly when it could easily go in a conglomerate thread, I think that's a fair critique.

• Fire 4

I've been vocal about this before and don't mean it personally, but I don't understand Mav's style of making dozens of threads and filling them up with just tweets. It's cluttered, and it doesn't drive great content. I already have a twitter feed. I come to huskerboard to shoot the sh#t with huskerboard members.

Like, I don't think we need separate threads for Fall Camp News & Notes, Fall Camp 105 Man Roster, Every Post Practice Presser, Fall Camp Schedule, Body Cameras at Fall Camp, in addition to about 10 position threads, injuries, so on and so forth, with the driving force of content not actually being conversation but tweets.

I hate to criticize Mav, because he brings a TON of great content too the board.... but, I agree with this ^^ Consolidation wouldn't be the worst thing, especially in the "Husker Football" forum.

Thanks Enhance. Some of us you mentioned could be in tuned with twitter, fb, reddit, blah blah blah but choose not to. chuckleshuffle So we happily stay away from it.

I am open for changes and tweaks. But I like knowing that if I want to read something specific, I just look for the thread title and it's all in there. It's clean and without clutter from my perspective.

PS. Don't hate on me LOMS :P I agree we need more convo around the tweets!

• Fire 4

Disagree completely. First, not everyone has a twitter. Second, some posters do not have the time that to follow 200+ Husker related twitter feeds in order to follow the news. All of Mavric's posts seem at least tangentially related to topics that he posts in. I, for one, really appreciate it, and his posts seem more on point than many of the frivolous posts that are allowed in the forums.

• Fire 5

Disagree completely. First, not everyone has a twitter. Second, some posters do not have the time that to follow 200+ Husker related twitter feeds in order to follow the news. All of Mavric's posts seem at least tangentially related to topics that he posts in. I, for one, really appreciate it, and his posts seem more on point than many of the frivolous posts that are allowed in the forums.

I'm not anti-sharing tweets on huskerboard. I do it plenty on my own.

What I'm getting at is that this is meant to be a discussion forum, not a news feed.