Board Forum Reorginazation

Mavric

I appreciate the Twitter posts in the threads and I don't care if LOMS thinks I'm old and resent technology or not (because I am and do). I like that someone else has sifted through the social media garbage and then posts what is relevant here on HB. If it's pertinent to the thread topic it shouldn't matter if it's linked info or discussion of that topic. If Landlord feels it's redundant then he needs to scale back his twitter usage. :P

• Fire 4

I like the twitter posts, too. I get Landlord's preference that there be a few fewer threads. There's a balance, and it can easily go too far with too many threads, or the other extreme with everything being lumped into just a few threads. I suspect that if too many threads populate the forums, people will say something and we'll swing around the other way.

I get the objection to the 78,000 Trump threads in P&R, too. That may be an example of too many. Opinions vary, and we all need to give input to make the place better.

• Fire 1

Yeah, I almost think there aren't enough Trump threads. We've got all these threads on others in the orbit (his cabinet, the GOP, America at large), on specific topics (foreign policy, ACA repeal, Russia hearings, etc) and Trump's own issues (his idiocy, his tendency to claim credit, his thing with the press and with Twitter).

Sometimes there's a story about just the general actions and aims of the Trump administration, their overall (or domestic) agenda, and it's hard to fit it neatly into one of the other boxes. Although there are enough threads that it's not too hard.

• Plus1 1

It seems about right to me, honestly. To piggy back off zoogs here, there's a lot of policy/professional/personal debate surrounding Trump in so many areas. It's difficult to keep that trimmed down while maintaining thread integrity.

Maybe we submit Huskerboard to Trump as evidence of changing his ways? :lol:

I don't like having Husker Videos as a child forum of Husker Football. It seems like it should be its own stand-alone forum, especially with all the subforums it has.

Yeah, we went around on it a couple times but can't decide what to do with it. It doesn't really fit well anywhere but kind of fits in a few spots.

There was a suggestion to put it in Other Husker Sports because it covers all sports. It could go in the A/V section. But we tried it in the Football forum since it's mostly football.

I don't know what the right answer is. The thought was to move a couple of the less-trafficed forums inside to kind of clean up the main page - mainly shorten it up so it's easier to see what's where.

But I'm not sure I really like it in Football because it kind of pushes everything else down there.

I liked the video forum where it was before. It was kinda prominent there, just above the Lounge.

It also feels like the Lounge should be at the top of Other Stuff, but that's probably just because it's been there for so long.

I mostly agree with this.

I'd rather see the Lounge at the top of "Other" and, if P&R has to remain outside the lounge (which I don't think it does but it doesn't bother me), then put AV in the Tech Forum or just ahead of or after it. Just IMO. I never have frequented the AV forum much so I'd hate to see it pushing stuff down the list in Football. No biggie either way.

We went back and forth on which forum to be at the top of the Other list. My thought we P&R got the most traffic but now several others have said that it just "feels" more right for the Lounge to be at the top.

They are working on upgrading to the newest version of the board software right now. It's kind of overdue. I don't think I'll make any more changes for now but might make a couple of these moves when the new version is ready for release.

• Fire 1

29 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Is there a way to get to the status updates? I only see the most recent half dozen on the right.

I've been looking for settings on this but I haven't found it yet.  Trying to increase the number of updates shown and show replies on the main page.

I think it is now an add on item.  Looks like it costs $10 per year.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've been looking for settings on this but I haven't found it yet.  Trying to increase the number of updates shown and show replies on the main page.

I think it is now an add on item.  Looks like it costs $10 per year.

I posted a test status and then deleted it, and the list expands, so something may change when there's enough status updates to fill the vertical page column.