LJS: No Excuses for Cav's Line This Year

All you have to do is go look at the Joe Moore award each year... There is a mid season report and if your line is on there... They're doing ok.

http://joemooreaward.com

Btw, our oline was on this list last year and we were second in the big ten in yards before contact through our first five games... Then people started getting hurt and it was downhill after that.

Just for sake of reference they voted the Iowa Hawkeyes as having the best offensive line unit last year. Better than Alabama, Michigan and Ohio State just to name a few.

Personally I have never heard of this award until today.

You do realize they had 2 guys rush for over one thousand yards last year right?

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/team/312/rushing/index.html

Their line was pretty amazing.

Iowa finished 8th in the league in rushing last year. Ohio State and Michigan were #1 and #2 respectively...

Olines don't just run block do they? Awards like this look at position grades through all games and the top offense might not get all the accolades..

Well Michigan had 3 offensive linemen drafted last year alone which is pretty amazing. Iowa had zero. Sorry but picking Iowa as the best OL unit in the B1G especially over Wiscy, Michigan and Ohio State to me is a joke.

All you have to do is go look at the Joe Moore award each year... There is a mid season report and if your line is on there... They're doing ok.

http://joemooreaward.com

Btw, our oline was on this list last year and we were second in the big ten in yards before contact through our first five games... Then people started getting hurt and it was downhill after that.

Just for sake of reference they voted the Iowa Hawkeyes as having the best offensive line unit last year. Better than Alabama, Michigan and Ohio State just to name a few.

Personally I have never heard of this award until today.

You do realize they had 2 guys rush for over one thousand yards last year right?

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/team/312/rushing/index.html

Their line was pretty amazing.

Iowa finished 8th in the league in rushing last year. Ohio State and Michigan were #1 and #2 respectively...

Olines don't just run block do they? Awards like this look at position grades through all games and the top offense might not get all the accolades..

Well Michigan had 3 offensive linemen drafted last year alone which is pretty amazing. Iowa had zero. Sorry but picking Iowa as the best OL unit in the B1G to me is a joke.

So Iowa had underclassmen at all positions (no seniors if I recall correctly) and that does what again for how good they were?

Does not being eligible for the draft mean you suck?

Again their line was NOT the best in the B1G last year. Sorry.

Download it? Again you can trust in that award all you want and for the record I do think Iowa has a decent offensive line and furthermore I actually don't 'hate' Iowa. I know for some Husker fans you're supposed to. Do I agree that they had the best O-line in the B1G last year? The thought is laughable.

To be fair, Iowa had no receivers worth a crap, and a gimpy QB all season, so teams were loading up agains the run, and they still had 2 1k rushers for the first time in school history.

Hell, they've had better OL's than we have for about a decade.

That doesn't make the line the best in the conference. Do they have a good line? Sure. Better than even say Wiscy as an example? Not a chance.

To be fair, Iowa had no receivers worth a crap, and a gimpy QB all season, so teams were loading up agains the run, and they still had 2 1k rushers for the first time in school history.

That doesn't make the line the best in the conference. Do they have a good line? Sure. Better than even say Wiscy as an example? Nope.

Is this fact based or opinion?

• Fire 1

That doesn't make the line the best in the conference. Do they have a good line? Sure. Better than even say Wiscy as an example? Nope.

Is this fact based or opinion?

Straight fact. Besides finishing 8th in rushing last season they also finished 10th in sacks allowed last year.

Best unit in the B1G????????

Here y'all go

The Cornhuskers are averaging a Power Five-high 4.4 yards before contact per rush and have made it at least five yards past the line of scrimmage before first contact on 32 percent of their runs (best in the Big Ten).

Abdullah has been able to get his yards in chunks, gaining at least 10 yards on 25 percent of his carries. He leads the nation with 29 rushes of 10-plus yards.
Abdullah has gained 546 of his FBS-leading 833 yards before contact. He has 39 rushes in which first contact was not made until five yards past the line of scrimmage, the most by any Power Five player.
  • Fire 2

Here y'all go

The Cornhuskers are averaging a Power Five-high 4.4 yards before contact per rush and have made it at least five yards past the line of scrimmage before first contact on 32 percent of their runs (best in the Big Ten).

Abdullah has been able to get his yards in chunks, gaining at least 10 yards on 25 percent of his carries. He leads the nation with 29 rushes of 10-plus yards.
Abdullah has gained 546 of his FBS-leading 833 yards before contact. He has 39 rushes in which first contact was not made until five yards past the line of scrimmage, the most by any Power Five player.

I'm not arguing that fact, and I am not taking any sides on this argument. Playing devil's advocate, however, we had played:

Florida Atlantic

McNeese State

Fresno State

Miami

Illinois

That schedule helps. Where did they finish the year? Anybody find that?

• Fire 2

I'm not arguing that fact, and I am not taking any sides on this argument. Playing devil's advocate, however, we had played:

Florida Atlantic

McNeese State

Fresno State

Miami

Illinois

That schedule helps. Where did they finish the year? Anybody find that?

That McNeese State was a tough out though.

:koolaid2: