2017 SF Thorir Thorbjarnarson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Well, he can shoot. That is a nice pickup as that is a skill that is becoming more and more rare. In the highlights he never uses his right hand except for one dribble after a cross over or that behind the back dribble. Its a nice move, but it won't work well in the Power 5 if he can't go right at all. Has a nice Euro, but even finishes left hand on right side. That will get blocked by the bigger more talented players in America. I hope he adjusts quickly.

Tall and a lefty shooter is always good from a wing.

Don't mean to be that guy, but he shot 14 percent form 3 and 40 percent from the line in 2017. He had way better stats the year before but still only 30 percent from deep. Gonna need to work on shooting as he can attack the basket well. Agree with the adjustment to the right hand as he loves to use his left.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/player/p/pid/122080/pid2//sid/12929/tid/300/tid2//_/2017_FIBA_U20_European_Championship_Division_A/index.html

Well, he can shoot. That is a nice pickup as that is a skill that is becoming more and more rare. In the highlights he never uses his right hand except for one dribble after a cross over or that behind the back dribble. Its a nice move, but it won't work well in the Power 5 if he can't go right at all. Has a nice Euro, but even finishes left hand on right side. That will get blocked by the bigger more talented players in America. I hope he adjusts quickly.

Don't mean to be that guy, but he shot 14 percent form 3 and 40 percent from the line in 2017. He had way better stats the year before but still only 30 percent from deep. Gonna need to work on shooting as he can attack the basket well. Agree with the adjustment to the right hand as he loves to use his left.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/player/p/pid/122080/pid2//sid/12929/tid/300/tid2//_/2017_FIBA_U20_European_Championship_Division_A/index.html

Well, sh#t. That's what you get when you don't get fresh film and go by highlights!! That's why college coaches ask for game tape, lol.

He won't be able to get to the cup like that here without both hands and if he really shoots it like that, I guess I don't get it. Plus, I question his defense. Not quick laterally and got lucky on every steal. The passes were awful.

Well, sh#t. That's what you get when you don't get fresh film and go by highlights!! That's why college coaches ask for game tape, lol.

He won't be able to get to the cup like that here without both hands and if he really shoots it like that, I guess I don't get it. Plus, I question his defense. Not quick laterally and got lucky on every steal. The passes were awful.

I assume we are going to redshirt him this year, so I would continue to tell him to take it to the hoop. He is good at that and it will take him time to adjust to getting to the cup at the D1 level. Then you get him shooting from specific three point spots and his outside shooting improves. Once he gets adjusted like Webster did I think he will be fine, but we need to get him adjusted faster than Tai did. Defense needs work so hopefully we make him a better defender and once he is comfortable, he will be faster and quicker in games. The speed of the game is gonna be a little too much for him in my opinion so a redshirt year is likely.

I assume we are going to redshirt him this year, so I would continue to tell him to take it to the hoop. He is good at that and it will take him time to adjust to getting to the cup at the D1 level. Then you get him shooting from specific three point spots and his outside shooting improves. Once he gets adjusted like Webster did I think he will be fine, but we need to get him adjusted faster than Tai did. Defense needs work so hopefully we make him a better defender and once he is comfortable, he will be faster and quicker in games. The speed of the game is gonna be a little too much for him in my opinion so a redshirt year is likely.

There is no doubt he redshirts, I do have serious doubts he ever really contributes. He doesn't look like he would be a great high school player here in Omaha, to be honest. I would guess he was signed for practice reasons.

There is no doubt he redshirts, I do have serious doubts he ever really contributes. He doesn't look like he would be a great high school player here in Omaha, to be honest. I would guess he was signed for practice reasons.

OH! I forgot that NE puts out a ton of D1 talent. You need to watch some out of state teams, NE HS baskeball is not even close.

that is not how you build a team. that is what walk-ons are for.

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

“Thorir is Iceland’s version of Manu Ginobili, as he is a crafty left-hander with a high basketball IQ and terrific skill level,” Nebraska Coach Tim Miles said. “His opportunities to play with older players in the pro leagues and in international competition will help him a great deal as he adjusts to this level. Ali Farokemanish started recruiting him months ago when he was on our staff, and we continued to follow his progress throughout the summer. He also comes from an outstanding family, and we are excited to have Thorir join our Husker basketball program.”

:lol: 

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211660409