2018 Basketball Recruiting Notes

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

he's rawer than all get out but I really wouldn't mind taking a chance on Wingett if it came down to it (and he qualified). Great athleticism and if anyone can get him to defend with a purpose it would be Molinari and Miles

Ya totally agree, I think coming out of high school grades were the main issue as I believe he’s at a prep school in Oklahoma now? But he’s 6”7ish with good wing span and big hops, and can hit the three ball. Doesn’t look like he currently has many offers but he’s been putting up good numbers. If miles is gonna be retained I’d rather see him take a chance on a guy like wingett then another transfer. I think he played some 1 3 1 in high school to boot 

Found this nugget about Roman Behrens from Omaha Central: 

He is a high academic student, as evident by his score of 30 on the ACT and 4.1 GPA. A Regents Scholarship awaits if he wants it. That means free tuition to in-state schools Nebraska, UNO and UNK.

But there are schools recruiting him to play basketball.

"I have a lot of Division II schools in the area including Rockhurst, Northwest Missouri State and Sioux Falls calling me," Behrens said. "And I've had discussions with Nebraska and UNO about walking on."

He hasn't ruled out potentially playing at the junior-college level for a year and seeing where that may take him as well.

"Pretty much all of the junior colleges in the area are calling me and some from out of the area," he said.

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/recruiting-report-roman-behrens-has-options-whether-or-not-he/article_839a8af0-fc8f-11e7-8375-2ff4f35e79c5.html

• Plus1 1