2018 Basketball Recruiting Notes

On 1/28/2018 at 6:53 PM, cornheadnation said:

Would be awesome if Daum exercises a grad transfer. He’s a 4th year Jr but I have Absolutely no clue on how close he is to graduating or if he would even consider Nebraska if he went that route. Just think it would be cool to see him get a shot with the Huskers. 

Daum has already said he's not going anywhere as a grad transfer.

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I do like that Xavier kid though. Kind of a quiet class at the moment.

I am pretty nervous for after next year. We lose a lot of guys.

As am I. We currently have an open scholarship and I wouldn't be surprised if we encouraged McVeigh to move on to open another one. Miles seems to enjoy the transfer market so hopefully we can add 2 kids in and have them eligible for when the mass exodus happens in 2019. 

11 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

As am I. We currently have an open scholarship and I wouldn't be surprised if we encouraged McVeigh to move on to open another one. Miles seems to enjoy the transfer market so hopefully we can add 2 kids in and have them eligible for when the mass exodus happens in 2019. 

Seems to be Miles MO.

I also think that Jordy will in fact leave after this year.

If I am a transfer, I probably am willing to come to Nebraska. Petteway, Pitchford, White all got to basically run the show.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:51 PM, seaofred92 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we encouraged McVeigh to move on to open another one. 

I would agree hopefully he can go somewhere to get some playing time, seems like a heck of a dude it’s just not meant to be here.

hopefully they don’t use Jordy just because it’s hard to find bigs this late in the recruiting cycle

my hope is they find a development guy in the roby mode who can someday play the 3 or 4( would like to see them offer wingett but don’t see it happening ) then ya pluck the best transfer we can so he will be ready to go for 19-20 season.

21 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I would agree hopefully he can go somewhere to get some playing time, seems like a heck of a dude it’s just not meant to be here.

hopefully they don’t use Jordy just because it’s hard to find bigs this late in the recruiting cycle

my hope is they find a development guy in the roby mode who can someday play the 3 or 4( would like to see them offer wingett but don’t see it happening ) then ya pluck the best transfer we can so he will be ready to go for 19-20 season.

McVeigh might be happy here getting his free diploma