2018 G Xavier Johnson [Pittsburgh- Signed LOI]

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

I get being upset but this is a combo-guard that would frankly struggle hard to play PG as a freshmen in the TEN...Get a grad transfer and you are fine.

I simply disagree with Xavier struggling right away. Glynn came in and played well in the B1G and somehow now he has regressed a bit.

Anyway, a grad transfer would definitely benefit us. Miles would probably have found a way to put a leash on Xavier and not let him loose. In my opinion, freshman should be let loose to make plays rather than pulling them for one defensive error or a simple mistake. That way as a young player they learn to adjust in-game rather than playing scared that if they make a mistake they might get pulled-Roby his freshman year. 

We are fine with Glynn but man I think Xavier could have been a stud here. 

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

I simply disagree with Xavier struggling right away. Glynn came in and played well in the B1G and somehow now he has regressed a bit.

Anyway, a grad transfer would definitely benefit us. Miles would probably have found a way to put a leash on Xavier and not let him loose. In my opinion, freshman should be let loose to make plays rather than pulling them for one defensive error or a simple mistake. That way as a young player they learn to adjust in-game rather than playing scared that if they make a mistake they might get pulled-Roby his freshman year. 

We are fine with Glynn but man I think Xavier could have been a stud here. 

Watson was a top 100 recruit...Shoot maybe top 75...X is hardly top 250.  Huge difference in his game and handles.  

6 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

UConn lands their PG... wonder if this helps us

They also got Tarin Smith as well, looks like UConn won't get him unless they want 3 pgs incoming this year.

I know Smith is a transfer but he is still coming in as a newbie so he will only have a year of eligibility remaining.