College Sports Madness Top 100 Teams: #99 - Nebraska

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/14987

The Nebraska Cornhuskers finished the 2016-17 season with a disappointing 6-12 conference record and a 12-19 overall record. This was their third straight losing season after making a surprise run to the NCAA Tournament in 2014. Over the past few seasons, Nebraska has been decimated by having key players defect from a promising offseason roster. Two seasons ago star forward Terran Petteway entered the NBA Draft as a junior and last season Andrew White left to join Syracuse as a grad transfer. Both players’ departures left Nebraska without their leading scorer and best player, which stunted any momentum that the program was building. For the third straight season, the Huskers were hit hard in the offseason as their starting frontcourt has chosen to transfer. Ed Morrow and Michael Jacobsen would have been starters and key pieces for Nebraska, which looked like a borderline NCAA tournament team before their defections. Now the Huskers look like they could fall towards the bottom of the Big Ten in what could be a make-or-break season for Coach Tim Miles.

• Fire 1

Here is my thoughts on who we are adding/replacing our defections with for the 2017-18 season. I will rank them as an upgrade in talent, stays the same in talent or downgrade in talent.

I am gonna say Duby is basically a replacement of Jacobsen but a better rebounder and stronger post that won't be backed down easily.(Michael did show good strength against Swanigan)

So we will say Duby will do more defensively but less offensively than Jacobsen, Duby has a better post game and o board game we will say for now.. I will go with same talent wise.

Nana Ankenten is going to be and upgrade over Nick Fuller in the long run but might only play if we need him. Not sure if he redshirts but Fuller mostly played because Tim wanted to show someone they were in the dog house. I will say upgrade talent wise with his athleticism and shooting ability.

Copeland could make up for Morrow but we all know Morrow was a big loss. With copelands status up in the air, we get a downgrade with Copeland-still gonna be a great player.

Thomas Allen will give us more offensive production- not really a player to compare him to so upgrade at guard.

James Palmer Jr, yet to see him play but he will be taking over for Jeriah's spot. For now I will say talent stays the same with this guy. but that could change. Jeriah was streaky and not the best defender, but still could get buckets. Again going with talent stays the same.

From the defections I say we have upgraded talent but had a big loss in Morrow, and Jacobsen to an extent. Lets see how this season plays out!