Bo Pelini & Ma'Lik Richmond

zoogs

25 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Point is, since you made that post, 100% of the responses have thought that you came across as sympathetic towards a rapist and critical of a rape victim, which is a pretty awful look for you.

So, we've had a few people mistake what I have said and I'm supposed to feel badly about that?  I don't.  In my opinion, people have put their own spin onto what I have said.  That's their issue, not mine.    

As for the young man, it sounds like he deserves a second chance.  I could be wrong as I'm not from his hometown and I don't know him personally.  In fact, I haven't followed the story that closely.  That's why I used the word "if."  If he's been rehabilitated, then he should get a second chance.  I don't believe in throwing away the lives of people, especially young ones.    

As for Ms. Tracy,  I have an opinion of her not based on PC. sanitized news articles printed in Nebraska newspapers over the past two years.  There's a lot more to the story that has been withheld because it's PC to withhold such things.  I'll leave it at that.   

I mean truly, really disgusting.  Did you really double & triple down on this?  

There is NOTHING in a womans' past, no matter how bad or "un PC" that changes the horror of her being gang raped.  NOTHING.  She could have chosen to have sex with 1 man or 10 men the night before or the night after, but if she was not a willing participant it is rape.  It was wrong.  Her personal choices have NOTHING to do with being raped.  It doesn't matter who she dated, what she wore, how much she drank, how many men (or women) she's had sex with in the past, if she did drugs - NOTHING.

• Plus1 4
On 10/7/2017 at 2:30 PM, southernoregonhusker said:

People make mistakes.  This young man made a big one.  If he's earned an opportunity to play by being a good human being since his screw up, I have no problem with him getting a second chance.  

As for Brenda Tracy.....let's just say she's not as pure as snow.

Holy s#!t, man. 

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

So, we've had a few people mistake what I have said and I'm supposed to feel badly about that?  I don't.  In my opinion, people have put their own spin onto what I have said.  That's their issue, not mine.    

How many people in a row need to read it the same way before it's your issue?