Nebraska Becoming Wide Receiver U?

Some serious cobwebs could get wiped off a certain page in the Nebraska football record book.

Season receiving: Johnny Rodgers, 942 yards, 1972.

Single-game receiving: Matt Davison, 167 yards vs. Texas A&M, 1998.

Single-game receptions: Dennis Richnafsky, 14 vs. Kansas State, 1967.

Season receptions: Marlon Lucky, 75, 2007.

Even the most recent entries — Kenny Bell’s 2,689 receiving yards and 181 receptions for a career — may have their days numbered.

Why? Because it looks like Nebraska is becoming Receiver U.

OWH

Ill never understand why people get their panties in a wad about this run/pass stuff.

Frankly, I don't care whether we are 90/10 or 50/50. While a balanced offense tends to be better, as long as we are moving the ball and scoring, I don't care and neither should anybody else.

• Fire 5

Ill never understand why people get their panties in a wad about this run/pass stuff.

Frankly, I don't care whether we are 90/10 or 50/50. While a balanced offense tends to be better, as long as we are moving the ball and scoring, I don't care and neither should anybody else.

In addition, some people tend to think (or appears to operate under the assumption) that balance refers to 50/50. That's not always the case. I think you can be a balanced offense but still run or pass 60 percent of time.

I have a feeling 'run the ball' guy is not going to be satisfied this year, particularly since this offense uses a lot of screens to act as glorified run plays.

I don't mind a pass friendly offense so long as they can still run when the need to. If you're passing because you can't run then that's a problem.

I am confused. Yes, Ohio State wanted Tyjon Lindsey and I am guessing they would have taken Cameron Brown but when did Brown "juked back from Ohio State to NU."? It is a great narrative but Brown never committed to OSU nor did he give any indication that he was going to pick OSU. One WR class does not make a trend. Especially when one of the three recruits from the class isn't even on campus anymore.

Calling yourself Receiver U is cute but it doesn't mean much if you aren't getting guys drafted.

• Fire 2

I am confused. Yes, Ohio State wanted Tyjon Lindsey and I am guessing they would have taken Cameron Brown but when did Brown "juked back from Ohio State to NU."? It is a great narrative but Brown never committed to OSU nor did he give any indication that he was going to pick OSU. One WR class does not make a trend. Especially when one of the three recruits from the class isn't even on campus anymore.

Calling yourself Receiver U is cute but it doesn't mean much if you aren't getting guys drafted.

post-8533-0-43099600-1502213587_thumb.gif

• Fire 5

Do you understand the word "becoming"

• Fire 9

Do you understand the word "becoming"

Yes.