Nebraska Becoming Wide Receiver U?

I remember being worried about the sheer amount of attrition at the WR position we would be experiencing by this year -- after the old guard such as Kenny, Westy, etc all graduated. I couldn't be more excited about what we have in store right now. Coach Dub has done a great job with this group, and Nebraska's hard work recruiting the position is one of the best things about the early Riley era.

• Fire 1

I am confused. Yes, Ohio State wanted Tyjon Lindsey and I am guessing they would have taken Cameron Brown but when did Brown "juked back from Ohio State to NU."? It is a great narrative but Brown never committed to OSU nor did he give any indication that he was going to pick OSU. One WR class does not make a trend. Especially when one of the three recruits from the class isn't even on campus anymore.

Calling yourself Receiver U is cute but it doesn't mean much if you aren't getting guys drafted.

Is this OSU wr coach secret account on here?
  • Fire 2

I am confused. Yes, Ohio State wanted Tyjon Lindsey and I am guessing they would have taken Cameron Brown but when did Brown "juked back from Ohio State to NU."? It is a great narrative but Brown never committed to OSU nor did he give any indication that he was going to pick OSU. One WR class does not make a trend. Especially when one of the three recruits from the class isn't even on campus anymore.

Calling yourself Receiver U is cute but it doesn't mean much if you aren't getting guys drafted.

BROWN backed off his commitment from Nebraska shortly after visiting and receiving an offer from Ohio St. There was speculation he would commit there along with a friend, so yeah, from NU to OSU back to NU.
  • Fire 1

One of the Hail Varsity guys said on the radio the other day it all came down to the way tOSU offered Brown. I don't remember the phrase he called it but it was something like an acceptable offer (that may not be the exact language). Regardless, he said the offer was extended to Brown but on somewhat of a 'if we've got room for you' basis, meaning they probably had a few other guys they really wanted to take, but they'd take him if those didn't pan out.

There was some miscommunication about the way this offer worked (perhaps the fault of both parties) which is why Brown is ultimately now back with NU.

• Fire 1

I was actually thinking the same thing.

I was actually thinking the same thing.

My cover is blown.

• Fire 1

No. Trolls are trolls, but at least they're literate.