Predict the Huskers statistical leaders

Husker Stats leaders  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope this isn't a repeat of a current thread, but thought it would be fun to really start talking some football. Who do you think is going to lead Nebraska in the three categories above?

Rushing: I went with Bryant, but I really don't have a good guess right now.

Receiving yards: Morgan

Receptions: DPE

Tackles: Weber

I could only have 3 questions, so any other statistical predictions you may have please put that in your post.

Edit: got it

• Fire 2

I think Morgan is kind of the easy choice here, or at least the closest thing to it, and I'd love to see DPE sort of put it all together and finally display his skills to the fullest. But, I also have somewhat of a sneaky feeling Hoppes could have a strong season. He's a big guy whose drawn some praise from the coaches, and Lee (presumably) is going to have an easier time checking down or finding him.

For RB, Bryant seems to have the highest ceiling of the bunch. I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to establish himself fairly early this season.

There is a part of me that wants Wilbon to be the guy but I feel like he is that kind of guy that committed to a system, and now that system is gone.

He reminds me of that 2013 Auburn RB. The name escapes me but he would have fit much better in a spread system.

Tre Bryant is going to be a really really good RB though. There's not really a bad choice for NU here.

Traditionally, you want your leading tacklers to be LBs if the defense is working as it is designed but the 3-4 is kind of new to me as I don't think I've watched enough of it lately to really have a feel on that. Safety often tackles plenty and of course you can have a dominant DT or DE that gets bunch but IMO your LBs better be getting more than the secondary unless the opponet throws about 75% of the time.

My incredibly generic understanding of the 3-4 defense is you want your linebackers to be the best position group on the field, but I'm more than happy to stand corrected. It seems like the nose and ends are going to spend a lot of time tying up linemen, and it'll be common for the nose tackle to be in there facing off against 2-3 linemen at one time.