Full Non-Conference Schedule Announced

8 wins?

9 wins

Are you counting St. Johns? I am up in the air on that one.

Yes and if we lose to UCF we could possibly get 10 wins. But right now I am counting St Johns as a win because they were bottom of the Big East last year. Also Tim's teams win one they aren't supposed to and lose to someone they should beat. So for me 9 wins is what we will get in the non-con.

UCF is going to be really really good this year. Definite NCAA tournament team. No shame in dropping that one on a neutral floor (if we do)

UCF is a neutral floor like UCLA was last year. It may not be on their home court, but it is across town.

I see 9-10 wins in the NC schedule. At Creighton & Kansas are the only definite losses. At St John's is a toss up along with UCF. If they beat UCF they will probably lose to West Virginia, then play either Missouri or St John's for the 2nd time in 10 days. If they lose to UCF they beat Marist & then either Oregon St or LBSU. Either way they probably go 2-1 in the tournament.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/tim-miles-pleased-with-return-of-saturday-home-games-in/article_77ab16de-82c2-11e7-970e-6b7827f2bee5.html

What a surprise. Nebraska gets to play a Big Ten home game on a Saturday.

Last season, the Huskers never played a home league game on the most traditional day for college sports. For 2017-18, Pinnacle Bank Arena will be used on two Saturdays: Jan. 27 against Iowa and Feb. 10 against Rutgers. “That’s something I took note of,” coach Tim Miles said Wednesday. The sixth-year coach also noticed a four-game stretch from Dec. 3 through 16.

All Big Ten teams will play two league games in early December because the schedule has been pushed up one week so the league tourney could be played in New York at Madison Square Garden starting Feb. 28. Nebraska will play Dec. 3 (Sunday) at Michigan State, then host Minnesota on Dec. 5 (Tuesday). NU’s next two nonconference games are at Creighton on Dec. 9 and hosting Kansas on Dec. 16. Those four combined to win 100 games (20, 24, 25 and 31) last year. Michigan State and Kansas are expected preseason top-five picks.

Once Big Ten play resumes in January, the Huskers have three road games in 11 days (Northwestern, Purdue, Penn State) around a Jan. 9 home game with Wisconsin.

“Those are two big challenges in the schedule when we’re going to need to be at our best,” Miles said.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...