Ko3oHR9.jpg  Michigan State
November 17
Preview - Tickets

mTCMuzU.jpg @ Iowa
November 23 - 11:00 - E0CXbjM.jpg

Preview - Tickets

Other Years: 2017, 2019

• Plus1 2

The only consistently good teams on that schedule are tOSU and Wisconsin. Michigan will probably also be good, but Colorado, Michigan St, Iowa, NW might be average or worse. Let's see how this year plays out before convincing ourselves how tough this schedule is.

• Plus1 4

Colorado, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State

could be 4 losses right there...with Michigan State or Iowa another possible loss...This has to be the hardest schedule we've had in years.

@ Michigan

@ Ohio State

@ Northwestern

@ Wisconsin

@ Iowa

That has to be the toughest league slate for any B1G team since the league expanded. My goodness.

• Upvote 2

@ Michigan

@ Ohio State

@ Northwestern

@ Wisconsin

@ Iowa

That has to be the toughest league slate for any B1G team since the league expanded. My goodness.

Michigan has SMU the week before.

Ohio State has an open date the week before.

Wisconsin has an open date the week before.

Good luck.

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

@ Michigan

@ Ohio State

@ Northwestern

@ Wisconsin

@ Iowa

Good luck.

George-Washington-WTF.jpg

• Upvote 1

@ Michigan

@ Ohio State

@ Northwestern

@ Wisconsin

@ Iowa

Good luck.

4e56a582dde33b96e9b00d61ba84827f--game-f

@ Michigan

@ Ohio State

@ Northwestern

@ Wisconsin

@ Iowa

Good luck.

Well f#*k.

Sometimes you have those types of years.

Ohio State last year had:

@ Wisconsin (night game)

@ Penn State (night game)

@ Michigan State

Nebraska (night game)

Michigan

Both Penn State and Wisconsin had off weeks before they played Ohio State.

To make it even better, they decided to play @ Oklahoma as their main OOC game.

• Upvote 1

Looking at 2019 and beyond, the schedule doesn't get much easier.  Time for us to start beating the big boys.

• Plus1 1

I’ll be happy if we start beating the little teams first lol  . Last years team was miles away from beating Whisky, Ohio State, Michigan , Penn State , at home or away . With so many changes, and work to be done,  I don’t see us beating those teams right away either  . Iowa , Northwestern , Minnesota etc should be wins every year imo  . Steady progress forward instead of back like we have been would be great . 

2 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

I’ll be happy if we start beating the little teams first lol  . Last years team was miles away from beating Whisky, Ohio State, Michigan , Penn State , at home or away . With so many changes, and work to be done,  I don’t see us beating those teams right away either  . Iowa , Northwestern , Minnesota etc should be wins every year imo  . Steady progress forward instead of back like we have been would be great . 

I don't think we're miles away from beating Wisconsin.  We were tied with them mid-way through the third quarter with a dysfunctional coaching staff.  We were in such disarray by the time we got to Ohio State and Penn State that those games weren't any indication of what we can do. 

Ohio State beat Wisconsin by six points.  Penn State beat the Iowa team you say we should beat every year by two points. 

We're not nearly as far off as we made it look this year.

• Plus1 2

I hope you're right. The biggest thing i'm looking forward to about Frost is that  i believe he will get the most out of every player we have. I don't think well ever be able to load up our team with 5 star guys like Ohio State and Alabama do, but through hard work, discipline, motivation etc he will have this looking like a different team , anything can happen.

• Plus1 1

Watch out for Troy ..... listed Coaches Poll votes (other receiving votes - #29).  Beat LSU and almost Clemson.

And Akron.  Zips awarded East-MAC trophy.

In B1G race, Badgers are tougher than easy-peasy 2017 schedule.  Now Iowa ........

QZiEFab.png

http://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2018.html

Edited by Hooked on Huskers
  • Plus1 1

Forget 2017 disaster !  My first hint, August 21st 2017 at 1:00 pm event.  Bad omen and it can be seen as a spooky and eerie time as birds stop singing.  The Sun is being eaten !  Relied so heavily on the life-giving Sunshine Pumper, it must have felt like the end of the world !! ;)

http://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2017.html

Fresh start in 2018 !  http://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2018.html

Only 252 days to go :o.  I need to borrow time machine :B)

kqAGJmP.png

Edited by Hooked on Huskers

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, Mavric said:

I don't think we're miles away from beating Wisconsin.  We were tied with them mid-way through the third quarter with a dysfunctional coaching staff.  We were in such disarray by the time we got to Ohio State and Penn State that those games weren't any indication of what we can do. 

Ohio State beat Wisconsin by six points.  Penn State beat the Iowa team you say we should beat every year by two points. 

We're not nearly as far off as we made it look this year.

I agree with the bolded.  However, the top programs aren't nearly as elite as they were a couple of decades ago.  Ohio State got taken behind the shed by Iowa.  Clemson lost to Syracuse.  Oklahoma lost to Iowa State.  Two of the four playoff teams lost to unranked teams.  The top rated playoff teams lost to a team that finished 4-8.  The gap between poor and great has probably never been this narrow.  What happened to us back in 92' against Iowa State was almost unheard of.  Today, it's almost becoming something that happens nearly every week.  There's a lot of teams that aren't that far off.

• Plus1 1

I just heard on the PinStripe bowl (Iowa vs Boston College) that Iowa has been to 15 bowls in the last 19 years. So what! That is way below Husker standards. Bo went to 7 bowls in a row. TO went to 25 in a row, with most of them being major bowls. It is time for Nebraska to put Iowa back in their natural place ... way beneath the mighty Huskers!   

Edited by MichiganDad3
  • Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

How come Nebraska doesn't have Penn State in Lincoln this year?

I don't think the BIG 10 is locked into doing home and home series anymore.

Michigan State will be stacked with returning talent next year. That’s going to be a really tough game leading up to Iowa on the road to end the season.

I’ll go with a conservative 7 wins where I would be pleasantly surprised with more than that, but not that surprised. Colorado and Troy will give us good insight into how the rest of the season will go as they are far from cupcakes, but they are must-win home games.

I am no expert. But I am 99%  sure our offense will produce alot better then the offense did the past 2 years.  We will be running a offense that the Qb will be a threat with his arm and legs. Therefor will open up running lanes for our backs as well. Just my thought.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:01 AM, BaytownHusker said:

I am no expert. But I am 99%  sure our offense will produce alot better then the offense did the past 2 years.  We will be running a offense that the Qb will be a threat with his arm and legs. Therefor will open up running lanes for our backs as well. Just my thought.

Well, all the Riley lovers said that the a strong passing game will open up the run game, only for it to be a complete failure  in 2017.

I agree with you.  The QB run threat opens up the run game.

• Plus1 1