Stephen A. says Cutler "epitomizes White Privilege"

I think everything any of these guys -- Stephen A, Skip Bayless, Replacement Clean-Cut Well-Spoken White Man Foil To Stephen A, etc -- has ever done is lose their minds. They're professional television gasket-blowers. White privilege is a serious and worthy topic, but I'm skeptical that this is worth watching -- it's a commercial setup trolling for views and discussion. Valuable contributions to the topic, I'm not sure they're front and center to any of these participants.

• Fire 1

I think everything any of these guys -- Stephen A, Skip Bayless, Replacement Clean-Cut Well-Spoken White Man Foil To Stephen A, etc -- has ever done is lose their minds. They're professional television gasket-blowers. White privilege is a serious and worthy topic, but I'm skeptical that this is worth watching -- it's a commercial setup trolling for views and discussion. Valuable contributions to the topic, I'm not sure they're front and center to any of these participants.

giphy.gif

Here is what I will say about Cutler and Kaepernick.

CK is in football shape and ready to play. It was just posted on Twitter a few hours ago that he turned down the league minimum offer from a team at $900K for the season

Cutler was retired, fat, smoking cigars and just admitted that his cardio sucks. Miami pulled him off the couch for $10M for the season.

I'm not saying CK is worth starter money. I'm not saying Cutler isn't worth $10M. But I think we can see the disparity.

• Fire 1

Do you disagree?

I just think it's way overblown. I think whites, blacks, etc. are victims of circumstances they largely created themselves... White privilege insinuates that white people have it easy (or easier at the very least), which is definitely not always the case. I've lived in the Ozarks most of my life, and there are a lot of poor people here that really struggle to get by. A "trailer trash" looking white male is just as frowned upon in the job market as his black/mexican counterpart in our area. They are just as subjected to stereotypes as those same minority counterparts.... Whether some want to believe it or not, it's true. We have a larger minority presence around here then most would realize (as I mentioned in another thread), so there is real evidence of this. Like I said, I've seen it.

Hell, I grew up in a trailer sitting on my grandfather's farm. We were broke as hell growing up. I worked on the farm through my youth, and started working in industrial chicken houses for cash at 12 years old. I had my first daughter at 19, and worked graveyard shift at a manufacturing plant for 10 years. The last five of that I started/operated my own lawn & landscaping business during the day. For five years, I put in 100-120 hours a week between both jobs. Finally, my business had grown enough I could quit the manufacturing plant right around a year ago from today....

So yeah, when people suggest that I had it easy because of the color of my skin, I do take some offense to that.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Cutler seems so cold to his teammates on the sideline. And times I am not sure he is giving 100%, like when he gets sacked a few times, I think he is like screw yall I'm out. That leads to teammates not giving 100%

I never thought Capernik was that good. He wants to sit for the Anthem, free country. He can't get someone to hire him, free country.