Jaevon McQuitty out for the year, other WR injuries

I remember someone just a couple of days ago complaining that we are recruiting TOO MANY WR's and not enough OL.

Now everyone is concerned about WR depth.

WR depth is a concern because Stanley Morgan and JD Spielman are the only 2 scholarship WR recruits from the class of '15 and '16 that are on the roster.

Yes. I know.

• Fire 1

I remember someone just a couple of days ago complaining that we are recruiting TOO MANY WR's and not enough OL.

WR depth is a concern because Stanley Morgan and JD Spielman are the only 2 scholarship WR recruits from the class of '15 and '16 that are on the roster.

Yes. I know.

Can anyone quote a post of yours without you being a total d-bag?

• Fire 2

Yes. I know.

Well that escalated quickly.

Perhaps rereading my post would shed light on things?

• Fire 1

Yes. I know.

I read your post. I agree that the coaches are having to recruit a lot of WR's now because of departures or lack of WR numbers from the '15 and '16 classes. I didn't see anything in your original post commenting on those classes. I took your post regarding to the '17 and future classes.

Yes. I know.

I read your post. I agree that the coaches are having to recruit a lot of WR's now because of departures or lack of WR numbers from the '15 and '16 classes. I didn't see anything in your original post commenting on those classes. I took your post regarding to the '17 and future classes.

I was speaking in the broad sense of people worrying about too many WR's being recruited and not enough offensive linemen.

When, in fact, if those people complaining would look back, since Riley became HC, they have received verbals from 9 designated WR including 2018. 3 have already left the team (including KJJ).

At the same time, they have received commitments from 12 OL. 0 have left (Brokop is rumored to not be on the 105 roster at this point).

So I found it interesting that people were getting worked up about recruiting WR and not OL when the evidence was slapping us in the face. And only NOW are people wringing their hands about lack of WR depth.

Yes. I know.

I was speaking in the broad sense of people worrying about too many WR's being recruited and not enough offensive linemen.

When, in fact, if those people complaining would look back, since Riley became HC, they have received verbals from 9 designated WR including 2018. 3 have already left the team (including KJJ).

At the same time, they have received commitments from 12 OL. 0 have left (Brokop is rumored to not be on the 105 roster at this point).

So I found it interesting that people were getting worked up about recruiting WR and not OL when the evidence was slapping us in the face. And only NOW are people wringing their hands about lack of WR depth.

Fair enough, I probably overreacted a bit, but your comment seemed like a smart-ass comment.

I think WR's should be heavily recruited for this offense. They seem to regularly rotate 6 or 7 guys, while Cav generally likes to play only the 5 top linemen. So, that would lend itself to needing to recruit more WR's.

As you look down the names of the WRs, is there anybody that you would like to see pull the Cinderella story and have a season for the ages. Mine would be Zach Darlington.

Wouldn't it be cool if that guy got into the mix in a big way after all he has been through?

Likely...NO

But definitely fun to think about.

Other names?