Fall Camp Updates - Quarterbacks

If Riley thought POB had any ability he would have pulled his rs last year

I still don't know why they didn't. He could have played when TA was beat to sh#t. Then he could have taken a redshirt this year if need be.

Nope. Then gebbia probably not be able to rs which he needs. POB didn't play bc the timing of injuries.

So you think Gebbia red shirting in 2017 weighed into Riley's decision to red shirt POB in 2016? Gebbia was just a commit. I don't think anyone, Riley included, anticipated 2017's hot start. Had POB shown any ability to compete at the college level, he would have. It's a team sport. He would have hardly been the first QB pressed into service "too early" Remember the context of the situation

There was a lot of season left after the OSU debacle

U don't pull a shirt week 11. Not fair for the kid. Fyfe was solid enough to handle a game or 2, especially bc POB needed seasoning. They have planned on RS gebbia since he was a commit. Rs POB this season would have put us in a bind this year and robbed a year of eligibility from POB

Fyfe was never good enough. Nice kid tho. Thank God Gebbia didn't decommit. He would have ruined the whole master plan.

When Langsdorf prepared the game plan around Fyfe, I think he was a better QB than Tommy. Therefore, I think keeping POB's shirt makes sense.

I think Gebbia and POB will be batting throughout the fall for that spot; in spring there's a good chance they're vying for the top spot.

Wow, that is saying some big things about Tanner Lee. I don't know if I'm ready to say there is going to be a "good chance" he comes out. He would have to have an absolutely special season for that to happen.

Man, that would be awesome. I just don't think I'm ready to say that without him ever taking a snap here.

When Langsdorf prepared the game plan around Fyfe, I think he was a better QB than Tommy. Therefore, I think keeping POB's shirt makes sense.

I think Gebbia and POB will be batting throughout the fall for that spot; in spring there's a good chance they're vying for the top spot.

Wow, that is saying some big things about Tanner Lee. I don't know if I'm ready to say there is going to be a "good chance" he comes out. He would have to have an absolutely special season for that to happen.

Man, that would be awesome. I just don't think I'm ready to say that without him ever taking a snap here.

agree, this whole Lee hype is just a bit of a stretch so far.........physically he looks the part and he has some throwing talent, but i think his game management is still yet to be confirmed......and being able to read defenses and change plays is huge......show me first.

• Fire 1

He has done everything he can to show he can play at the level these people are claiming he can since coming to Nebraska.

So far, he obviously looks very impressive.

Now he needs to prove it ingamss in Saturday's in the fall.

That's a lot more fun situation to be in than having no QBs getting this hype from outside the program.

He has done everything he can to show he can play at the level these people are claiming he can since coming to Nebraska.

So far, he obviously looks very impressive.

Now he needs to prove it ingamss in Saturday's in the fall.

That's a lot more fun situation to be in than having no QBs getting this hype from outside the program.

That reminds me of a quote I read about Elway in his 2nd or 3rd NFL season. "He has Montana's legs and Marino's arm, but why can't Johnny read?"

About Tennessee's defense, didn't they absolutely terrorize us with QB pressures thanks to their Top-10 DL draft pick?

If they're terrible, they nonetheless caused a serious, sustained, game-changing disruption to the opposing offense.

They had one guy who ate an injured Gate's lunch all day, and we did nothing to help him out.

Tennessee's D also got torched the last 3 games by Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt...

• Fire 2

About Tennessee's defense, didn't they absolutely terrorize us with QB pressures thanks to their Top-10 DL draft pick?If they're terrible, they nonetheless caused a serious, sustained, game-changing disruption to the opposing offense.

The team we fielded against Tennesse was our worst unit of the season.