Steve Pederson Writes Novel About Aspiring College Football Coach

Mavric

What happened to "once a Husker, always a Husker"?

I assume this poster is Steve Pederson or one of his kids if he has any.

I believe that if you say "once a Husker, always a Husker" that it applies to everyone that was once a Husker and not just the ones we liked. We can acknowledge their efforts while also recognizing their faults. Pederson and Callahan both had their faults, but they were Huskers who didn't talk smack when they left. They left like professionals and have remained so.

Lawrence Phillips was a Husker that could outrun just about anybody on the field but he couldn't outrun his demons. Even with all the trouble he caused for the University, himself, his team mates...to me he's still a Husker, albeit one that was very troubled.

Thank God you and your moral compass showed up. Everyone loves a lecture.

What happened to "once a Husker, always a Husker"?

I assume this poster is Steve Pederson or one of his kids if he has any.

I believe that if you say "once a Husker, always a Husker" that it applies to everyone that was once a Husker and not just the ones we liked. We can acknowledge their efforts while also recognizing their faults. Pederson and Callahan both had their faults, but they were Huskers who didn't talk smack when they left. They left like professionals and have remained so.

Lawrence Phillips was a Husker that could outrun just about anybody on the field but he couldn't outrun his demons. Even with all the trouble he caused for the University, himself, his team mates...to me he's still a Husker, albeit one that was very troubled.

Thank God you and your moral compass showed up. Everyone loves a lecture.

You are free to post your own opinion on this, which is all I was doing in response to someone else implying that I might be Steve himself or one of his offspring.

Thanks for the permission.