Wisconsin, Notre Dame Announce Two Year, Neutral Site Matchup

Mavric

I love how ND pretends like they are Chicagos team!

Growing up there I can remember heading off to one of my 2.5 study halls (I took it easy in high school me junior and senior years) and quickly grabbing the Sun-Times and the Tribune...racing then to find a seat that was either near a fan (an actual fan, not like a person that adored me) or next to one of the hotties that was I was going to work some magic on with sweet likes like "Hey, are you going to that party this weekend?" with no actual information of any party, I was just fishing and hoping to impress.

Anywho...I would read every article in both sports sections and then the comics. There was so much ND coverage and so little NW and Illini coverage. You would have thought that ND's campus was in the heart of Chicago and not 90 miles away in that sucky state of Indiana.

"Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick wants to schedule a Big Ten team every year to enhance ND's Playoff profile."

Honestly screw that, if you are not part of a conference you dont get to play in the playoff, it's a hell of a lot harder to win a conference and then it's championship then just to be a straight pick without the extra effort. There are 5 conferences competing for a spot already, no room for prima donnas here.

Sure teachercd but I think later then sooner as they were irrelevant for almost 20 years and still came back from the dead a few years ago. They are championed by the Rudy fan folk, you know, dont watch to many games dont really follow the sport, but oh look Irish and Rudy are playing, it's a familiar brand that will do well even when they stink for decades.

No doubt though, their contracts are not going to keep up with what a proper conference can deliver as well as I hope they are kept well away from the playoffs, so their bean counters may eventually make a recommendation to go all in into ACC. After that we can laugh at them for being in the ACC.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, teachercd said:

I love how ND pretends like they are Chicagos team!

Growing up there I can remember heading off to one of my 2.5 study halls (I took it easy in high school me junior and senior years) and quickly grabbing the Sun-Times and the Tribune...racing then to find a seat that was either near a fan (an actual fan, not like a person that adored me) or next to one of the hotties that was I was going to work some magic on with sweet likes like "Hey, are you going to that party this weekend?" with no actual information of any party, I was just fishing and hoping to impress.

Anywho...I would read every article in both sports sections and then the comics. There was so much ND coverage and so little NW and Illini coverage. You would have thought that ND's campus was in the heart of Chicago and not 90 miles away in that sucky state of Indiana.

So . . . . we are Chicago's team.   UI is pretty far away from the city and never ingratiated themselves with the locals.  NW is an Ivey League backup school that happens to located near Chicago.  But traditionally Chicago has a juuuge Irish American population and we are their school.

That being said, big NFL city stadia are where you move an occasional game against Army or UCONN.  We had no business perverting a home and home with another good program and miss a purportedly great gameday experience.

• 2 weeks later...