Don't sleep on Ark State, There is a lot to be learned Day 1

Nebraska should be fine in the opener. If we struggle against the Red Wolves then it's going to be a very long and distressing season.

Nothing against Arkansas State, but if we are saying it will be a tough game, then it will be a LONG season.

Any longer than 2010 when SDSU gave us a huge scare?

Or longer than 2014 when Ameeracle saved us against McNeese State?

What about 2013 when Wyoming had a chance to win on a Hail Mary?

Arky State is better than any of those teams were. They've won the Sun Belt something 5 out of the last 6 years, and it's rare for any P5 team to beat them by more than 3 scores. They're good. Doesn't mean we'll be bad.

Yes, it does.

We really need to stop jocking up these freaking teams.

All those seasons you mentioned were lame. So yes, this season will be lame if the Ark St game is like that.

If Ark State is "good" what is Oregon? The best team ever?

Ark State lost at home to Toledo last year by 21 and to (road) Utah State by like 14...The only Power 5 team they played last year beat them by like 40.

Good is subjective. Although I don't think anybody is necessarily saying Ark State is a good team. But a team that has the ability to give Nebby a challenge as opposed to a complete cupcake.

It seems that the majority of Husker fans view this game as a typical season opener beat down. Which might not be the case.

Personally, I think the spread is a pretty acurate representation of what the final score will show. Just don't be surprise if the score is 14-7 at half with Nebraska pulling away in the second half.

Keep in mind, there are almost no guarantees anymore in the world of college football.

Not to mention parity between teams seems to be getting closer and closer every year. We win this game by at least 2 TDs though.

Nebraska should be fine in the opener. If we struggle against the Red Wolves then it's going to be a very long and distressing season.

Nothing against Arkansas State, but if we are saying it will be a tough game, then it will be a LONG season.

Any longer than 2010 when SDSU gave us a huge scare?

Or longer than 2014 when Ameeracle saved us against McNeese State?

What about 2013 when Wyoming had a chance to win on a Hail Mary?

Arky State is better than any of those teams were. They've won the Sun Belt something 5 out of the last 6 years, and it's rare for any P5 team to beat them by more than 3 scores. They're good. Doesn't mean we'll be bad.

Yes, it does.

We really need to stop jocking up these freaking teams.

All those seasons you mentioned were lame. So yes, this season will be lame if the Ark St game is like that.

If Ark State is "good" what is Oregon? The best team ever?

Ark State lost at home to Toledo last year by 21 and to (road) Utah State by like 14...The only Power 5 team they played last year beat them by like 40.

Good is subjective. Although I don't think anybody is necessarily saying Ark State is a good team. But a team that has the ability to give Nebby a challenge as opposed to a complete cupcake.

It seems that the majority of Husker fans view this game as a typical season opener beat down. Which might not be the case.

Personally, I think the spread is a pretty acurate representation of what the final score will show. Just don't be surprise if the score is 14-7 at half with Nebraska pulling away in the second half.

Keep in mind, there are almost no guarantees anymore in the world of college football.

Sure but Toledo and Auburn beat the hell out of them last season.

I took mine when he was about 7 years old, and I failed miserably. He turned into an Oklahoma fan and an Oakland Raiders fan. His mother is a Chiefs fan. 40 plus years later, he is a huge Raiders fan, not so much into .college football, but seems to like to harass me about the Huskers. Did take him back for the Texas snow game. He said it was amazing, and wished we were closer to Nebraska, he would go with me. Unfortunately that is not going to happen. Maybe the window of opportunity is the 5-6 age. I know my grandfather took me when I was 5, but really do not remember much about it.

Hope you have a great time with your son!

We took our lumps early in the season last year, as we were dealing with a new OC, QB turmoil situation to start the season.

Pitt transfer Chad Voytik came in during the summer, after Hansen had been here since January. Voytik did some things the coaching staff liked and took over the starting role about 2 weeks before the Toledo game. His unfamiliarity with the receivers and OL was evident. Hansen played spot minutes early, but he took over the job during the Utah State game.

The team that played the Bowl Game (or the game at Troy for that matter, a 35-3 domination) wouldn't have lost a badly early on.

Honestly, it took losing to Central Arkansas, an FCS opponent, to get the season turned around after an 0-4 start.

Appalachian State beat Michigan and Michigan still ended the season ranked 18th lol

You mean the game where Michigan players, years later, admitted to getting hammered and high the night before, on purpose.

http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Former-Michigan-player-Nearly-half-the-team-was-stoned-during-Appalachian-State-loss-614

Probably had a bit of an impact on the team for that game.

• Fire 1

Appalachian State beat Michigan and Michigan still ended the season ranked 18th lol

You mean the game where Michigan players, years later, admitted to getting hammered and high the night before, on purpose.

http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Former-Michigan-player-Nearly-half-the-team-was-stoned-during-Appalachian-State-loss-614

Probably had a bit of an impact on the team for that game.

And that's an excuse to lose to App. State?

Nebraska may very well walk all over us, again, I don't have a great feel for this AState team. I can make an argument for everything from 5-7 to 10-2, so who knows?

I do know that there is the potential for this team to be very good, and the potential for them to fall flat. 

21 minutes ago, Bojowolf said:

Nebraska may very well walk all over us, again, I don't have a great feel for this AState team. I can make an argument for everything from 5-7 to 10-2, so who knows?

I do know that there is the potential for this team to be very good, and the potential for them to fall flat. 

Interesting...  <_<