Ezekiel Elliott Suspended

Mavric

I don't know how to feel about our tendency to declare victory in cases like this.

This was the NFL's own investigation, again; IIRC Ezekiel wasn't charged. So the opaque and arbitrary nature of the discipline is as troubling as it ever was. On the other hand, let's say he is guilty of what they say: several instances of domestic abuse of this woman over a period of a few days. Then six games is nothing. He'll be writing his redemption story by the time the season reaches its halfway point.

A crime of this nature, in a world where the NFL passes moral judgment, they should ban him for good. Or at least for something like four to six years, with the possibility of negotiating it down. Six games knocks him down in the record books (slightly) and is aggravating. There's no such thing as truly "taking a stand for women" without sending a real message, which is that if you're the type of man who indulges in domestic abuse, you have zero place in the league, and your career will at the very least be derailed if not eliminated at the first offense. Like sexual assault, rape, or murder, this isn't really a "You get one freebie and then we'll start getting really serious" -- save that sort of policy for DUIs, or steroids, or whatever.

Until then, it'll always be OK. Commit some indiscretions, hurt some women -- you'll go through some sh#t, but you'll come out on the other end okay and in relatively short order.

• Fire 1

Not sure how this is still a thing.

Thompson's friend's sworn statement:

u1j0xlkgje6dzi21lnkp.jpg

dolt6rqegqpzaas9iezu.jpg

xdpp4eaj2yuhv89sukea.jpg

aepdxidugtzojbh6pvd2.jpg

http://deadspin.com/witness-claims-ezekiel-elliotts-girlfriend-asked-her-to-1786320742

So Thompson fought another woman at the club. Then verbally attacked another woman at the house. Then called the police because she wasn't allowed in the house. Then asked her friend to lie to police about Zeke dragging her out of the car.

What am I missing?

• Fire 1

Not sure how this is still a thing.

Thompson's friend's sworn statement:

u1j0xlkgje6dzi21lnkp.jpg

dolt6rqegqpzaas9iezu.jpg

xdpp4eaj2yuhv89sukea.jpg

aepdxidugtzojbh6pvd2.jpg

http://deadspin.com/witness-claims-ezekiel-elliotts-girlfriend-asked-her-to-1786320742

So Thompson fought another woman at the club. Then verbally attacked another woman at the house. Then called the police because she wasn't allowed in the house. Then asked her friend to lie to police about Zeke dragging her out of the car.

What am I missing?

Nothing. That's pretty straightforward. If anything this is all just further proof that Roger Goodell has no business running the NFL.

Wow, it's always been said don't stick your *ick in crazy.  That woman is a nut case and needs to be thrown in jail if this is all true, and being a sworn affidavit she lied to police without a doubt.    I'm a Cowboys fan so maybe i'm a bit biased, but I also accepted it to be true when everything was originally ruled.  With this latest news, he should easily win his appeal and the NFL will have egg on their face.