Less than one week to go ....

solareclipsediagram_mikelynch.jpg?w=550

First TOTAL solar eclipse in Lincoln since before Christopher Columbus (1442 year). FBS football schools path: Oregon St., UNL, Mizzou, Western Kentucky U, Middle Tennessee, Clemson and South Carolina Gamecocks.

I will plan to visit Beatrice, August 21st (from Norman to Beatrice car trip). BTW, all motels/hotels booked up. From Russia to Australia people !

After August 21st, next total solar eclipse event in Lincoln will be May 26th 2245 .... still alive ? ;)

And speaking of Lincoln, this second capital city in the path lies near its northern edge, so totality is shorter there - only 1m 25.5s (at 1:02pm) on the grounds of the beautiful State Capitol. The 50-yard-line at Husker stadium gets five seconds less time in the shadow, so you can see how important it is to get as far south as you can!

On 8/15/2017 at 5:11 PM, Hooked on Huskers said:

I was aware for this event 25 years ago or so because I had read my almanac book in astronomy chapter. Exactly the same minute ..... from Oregon to South Carolina 2017 solar eclipse path !!

E1.gif

test run  ..... new Huskerboard layout .... success

200_s.gif

The only hiccup problem so far, sign in procedure.  Now entered display name ..... used to be user name (myself, different).  Same password.

Edited by Hooked on Huskers
test run