Sounds like another possible injury, on D line

C N Red

I don't know what I was listening to or reading, but it was mentioned that we need to keep The Mick healthy in order for the DL to operate at full potential as the backup at NT just aren't ready yet.

If true, I would assume this would mean moving one of the Davis twins to the NT, as I think both we practicing at DE.  I think Newell was running with the 2s at NT.

19 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

There was a mention that Stoltenberg might get some days off as a precaution with his injury history and to also get valuable reps for other guys. Is there more to it?

This is my understanding of it.  I don't think he is injured. 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Whatever we are doing with our receivers just isn't working.  

You can't continually have soft tissue injuries with the same position group over and over again each year.

It almost makes you wonder if there is something in the way KW is teaching guys that is having this effect on them. I think if it were something that was based in the weight room you would hear of the secondary having the same issues but I don't remember that being the case the last few year. 

Now I'm not pinning this on KW, just wondering if there is something in one of the techniques he teaches that is causing this or if it is truly just a coincidence. 

Does make you wonder how the heck the OLine could have had such a bad day with Stoltenberg out. If anything, you'd think we'd hear about how the OLine dominated up front and then the observers would remind us that the DLine was missing the key man in the middle and not to freak out that the defense got worked over. ??? All around.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, wiuhusker said:

It almost makes you wonder if there is something in the way KW is teaching guys that is having this effect on them. I think if it were something that was based in the weight room you would hear of the secondary having the same issues but I don't remember that being the case the last few year. 

Now I'm not pinning this on KW, just wondering if there is something in one of the techniques he teaches that is causing this or if it is truly just a coincidence. 

WR is the most common position to get muscle tweaks during camp.  The amount of running they do is much more than any other position.  Especially this year with the lack of depth at the WR position, it would be hard to get the amount of reps you need for timing with the QB's and work on your craft during Indy time with footwork, hips, hands, releases, and recognition. It is not a KW problem, or a Nebraska problem, it is just a combination of depth and position requirements.  If we ran an easier offense to learn/operate, then they could shorten practice for the team to prevent injuries like some of the spread teams do.  Some of the high octane offenses cut the practice length down to prevent injuries and promote tempo, but I dont see how you could do that and incorporate a Pro Style system.  At Baylor the WR might only have 3 or 4  routes in his route tree, and the QB's have automatics based of the box look and the coverages, so they can cut down practice length.