Solar Eclipse 8-21-17

Eclipse 2017  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/20/2017 at 5:54 PM, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

Couldn't.

Leaving at 3am driving down to Carbondale, aka point of greatest duration. Really hoping for some clear skies - that'd be the biggest buzzkill ever.

Well, were you able to view it there? Looked pretty cloudy on TV but it did clear for about the last 5 seconds of totality for the crowd at Saluki stadium.

7 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Well, were you able to view it there? Looked pretty cloudy on TV but it did clear for about the last 5 seconds of totality for the crowd at Saluki stadium.

We went to a place 30 minutes west of Carbondale called Kincaid Lake Spillway. It's a pretty well kept local secret - a big lake with some really cool waterfalls. Not a cloud in the sky until after the eclipse was way past over, not a huge crowd, no problems with it being packed or with traffic on the way down.

Then it took us 12 hours to drive back to Chicago. I just now got back to my apartment (we left at 3am last night and I didn't sleep at all). Holy crap I'm pooped but what a breathtaking and once in a lifetime thing to experience. i got some really cool pictures of the area and of the totality, will try to post tomorrow.

On 8/20/2017 at 5:23 PM, El Diaco said:

You guys watching at school with students.......where are you located? What percent obscuration will you experience?

Leavenworth KS - 100% for 90 seconds

If we didn't have 99% cloud cover.  Saw it at about 90% for 10 seconds. It did get dark.

School spent $4000 on glasses

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Already making plans to travel for the one in 2024.  Worth it.

I'm thinking about it, too, but only because I couldn't make it into an area with totality this time around. It was really enjoyable in Omaha, but I'd like the full experience.