Censure, Impeachment, 25th Amendment - What is What?

38 minutes ago, GBR0988 said:

People who virtue signal about how great of people they are because of their political views and are so in love with democracy, want to get rid of someone who was duly elected because they don’t like him....

i don't want him gone because i don't like him.  i want him gone because he is the most corrupt person to ever hold the office.

• Plus1 5

2 hours ago, GBR0988 said:

Not saying you’re totally wrong, but no way the republicans were even half as bad with Obama, as the left is with Trump.

This is tricky, because the operational definition of "bad" is person-specific. Everyone has their own idea of "bad."

That said, I'm an Obama fan, but I'd like to say I'm able to level with his shortcomings as a president. He's not as progressive as some folks would've like. He should never have drawn the red line in the sand with Syria. The drone program is horribly problematic from an ethical point of view. He didn't prosecute the bad actors from the big banks that nearly crashed the economy in 2008/2009.

Even still, I have no qualms saying Trump is objectively the worst president of my lifetime quite easily, and quite possibly the worst POTUS the United States has ever seen.

He brings all the GOP orthodoxy on economic and social policy (which I already don't agree with), along with being incredibly toxic and damaging to the standards for future POTUS's and what it means to even be a decent human being.

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 3
3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

FYI, Congress doesn't indict. Impeachment is a political process and outside of the courts. Indictment is a criminal process within the courts.

I understand that, but they wouldn't be indicting. Trumps lawyers would argue in court a sitting President can't be indicted and the court would likely send  the issue of whether Mueller can indict a sitting president or not to Congress according to the article dudeguyy posted somewhere around here. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
6 hours ago, GBR0988 said:

People who virtue signal about how great of people they are because of their political views and are so in love with democracy, want to get rid of someone who was duly elected because they don’t like him....

giphy.gif

We want to get rid of him because he is A) Not fit for office, and B) A narcissistic, racist, habitually lying criminal and abuser who is s#!tting all over the very ideas of democracy and free speech, as well as probably colluding with hostile nations, destroying our middle class and using the White House as a bully pulpit. 

He is trash. You're whining and bitching about liberals being so bad with Trump, worse than Republicans with Obama. Trump deserves and earns his criticisms. Trump bitched and whined incessantly about Obama's golfing, yet has bankrupted the Secret Service golfing at a rate exponentially higher, for example. On one side you have manufactured controversy, on the other you have people rightfully outraged over a lying crook getting away with being a lying crook.

• Plus1 4
  • 1 month later...