Wisconsin "May have separated from the rest of the West"

51 minutes ago, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

You make it sound like winning 10-12 games a season is the easiest thing in the world and opposing coaches don't even think about how best to scheme against the team they're playing.

Weird how I didn't say anything you just inferred.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, 1995 Redux said:

Their offense other than ground and pound running is pretty awful.  If a team can take advantagd of that they are easily beatable.  Their defense is usually a major strength and keeps them in games they shouldn't be in, that changes this year.

We beat Wisconsin, no doubt about it.

10 hours ago, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

You make it sound like winning 10-12 games a season is the easiest thing in the world and opposing coaches don't even think about how best to scheme against the team they're playing.

Said nothing about winning 10-12 games being easy.  Said their offense is one dimensional basically.  If a team can adjust to it accordingly, they can be beaten by our team.  Pretty straight forward.  You took that in an entirely different way than it was written.  Coaches know their strengths, they just usually have enough depth and experience to overcome it like we used to do.  I also mentioned their defense keeping them in games but you ignored that piece since it might throw a wrench in your interpretation.

In summary, you took it how you wanted to.  In reality, I think their offense is one dimensional because their QB is vanilla and their defense could take a step back making them more beatable in Lincoln.  I hope this clears up your confusion.

50 minutes ago, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

I just wonder if it's that easy and straightforward to beat Wisconsin, why don't more people do it? Doesn't seem hard.

It is not that easy.  Just like it wasn't that easy to beat Nebraska when they were a road grading run team.  Their formula is simple, but it works.  Run the ball use play action passing and play great defense.  Wisconsin  knows what they are and plays to their strengths better than most teams.  They aren't as unathletic as they appear to be.  Unless  a team can just out athlete Wisconsin they are always in the game.  

1 hour ago, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

I just wonder if it's that easy and straightforward to beat Wisconsin, why don't more people do it? Doesn't seem hard.

He said that if a team can take advantage of Wisky's one-dimensional attack but never said how hard or easy that was.

Regardless, stopping Wisky's TE is really tough, which makes their running game even more difficult to stop.

3 hours ago, NUinID said:

It is not that easy. 

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

He... never said how hard or easy that was.

2 hours ago, 307husker said:

Simple and Easy are not necessarily synonymous terms.

21 hours ago, 1995 Redux said:

Their offense other than ground and pound running is pretty awful.  If a team can take advantagd of that they are easily beatable.

• Plus1 2

Yes, IF you stop their ground and pound, beating them would be fairly easy.  IF...  (You bolded the wrong word. The key word in the statement is IF). 

That's the thing with Wisconsin, you know how they're going to beat you but they have a really good record of doing it anyway...  If you can stop that, you'll beat them.  

That doesn't mean it's easy, but it is simple.

20 minutes ago, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

I get that this is just "who you are", but correcting your assumptions isn't worth my time so I'll just say this:

Wisconsin has lost a couple key pieces on Defense and I personally wasn't impressed with their Offense last year.  I think in Lincoln this season we match up more favourably and can take advantage of some holes and beat them soundly.

Now, please, find someone else to non-argue with.

4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

He said that if a team can take advantage of Wisky's one-dimensional attack but never said how hard or easy that was.

Regardless, stopping Wisky's TE is really tough, which makes their running game even more difficult to stop.

LOMS, I noticed you snipped a relevant portion of my quote so here it is with the missing part bolded. You seem to be deliberately avoiding what he said, arguing just to disagree, or trolling.

• Plus1 2