Hello All!

Wow!  New updated board!  However, in the transition I was unable to get in!  So frustrated!  However, BIG shout out to the admin on Huskerboard on Facebook.  They took care of me!  

So excited for Husker Football to start!  GO BIG RED!!!!

Hey!  You'll like it even more if you poke around ... I get the status by clicking on "Browse" and it then  looks like the old home page.

I'd poke around your profile page and settings. I think I had to enable status updates there before could do it. There's also a bunch of good tips and advice in a couple of the related topics 8n the board feedback forum.

For some reason several members had the setting for status updates turned off.  I re-enabled yours.

Are you good with this login or do you want to go back to/merge with your previous @ladyhawke user?

Also, I'm going to move this to the Board Feedback forum once I know you've seen it.

Mavric, I would like my original login before the board was changed  Thanks!  Thanks guys for all the information about the new board features! I appreciate it.

Guys, please be aware that you now login with your display name. Before the upgrade, it was your username; if you had a name change that was your display name being changed. So while it's messed with people's logins some, display name should be easier to remember, hopefully :-)

I'm having trouble with the 'status update' (side bar conversation). I submit my message but it isn't showing up. What am I doing wron? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sorry, I forgot about this.  I merged your new account into your old account so you should use your old account now.

And you should be able to post status updates.

Let me know if you have trouble.

It seems to be an issue on mobile devices.  I don't get it on any desktop machine but it does it on my phone and iPad.  Since it seems to be skin-related I'm hopeful they'll get it fixed in a later version.  We have a small version update to do but were putting it off until the end of the season/coaching search.  Not sure if that will fix it or not but we'll try to get that updated shortly.

@Mavric It still does it to me on my desktop. Seems to only be really bad when there are a ton of tweets on a page, like when I post a bunch of uniform updates or other threads like that

Just now, GSG said:

@Mavric It still does it to me on my desktop. Seems to only be really bad when there are a ton of tweets on a page, like when I post a bunch of uniform updates or other threads like that

What OS/Browser?

Just now, Mavric said:

What OS/Browser?

I think we're on Windows 7 and just upgraded to Firefox Quantum

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Do you have Chrome on that box?

I do but that's what all my work stuff is tied to. I can still try it out

1 hour ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Anyone else still having the issue of twitter loadtime lagging and the screen scrolling up and down as each image loads?

The old board did that constantly and drove me nuts. Since the board upgrade, the page loads fine. I'm running Chrome on Ubuntu.

EDIT: My android phone doesn't have any problems either.

Edited by RedDenver

I don't notice it on Chrome :dunno 

I've grown used to it a little. I usually have multiple tabs open all the time, so I open a thread and go to another tab while it loads. I really like the line that appears to show where the new posts start so I can just scroll back to where it is.

Hmmmmm. I primarily use my iPhone then Firefox on a Mac. Will try chrome. Bummer that it doesn’t work well across all platforms. 

I agree the line is nice but especially on my phone it’s tough with all the bouncing around because some posts are so large you only get one on your screen.

33 minutes ago, GSG said:

I don't notice it on Chrome :dunno 

I've grown used to it a little. I usually have multiple tabs open all the time, so I open a thread and go to another tab while it loads. I really like the line that appears to show where the new posts start so I can just scroll back to where it is.

Yeah, the line is really helpful.

The problem seems to be pretty browser-specific.  Obviously Chrome desktop handles it fine but other desktop browsers down.  But Chrome on my iPad jumps around.

As @RedDenver noted, it used to do it all the time on the previous board version.  So it's been partially fixed.  Hopefully it will continue to get better in future versions.

@Mavric

Not sure if this is the right thread but for some reason, I can only see a portion of a tweet and not the full thing. It just started happening so it may just be a glitch, just wanted to put this out there.

56 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

@Mavric

Not sure if this is the right thread but for some reason, I can only see a portion of a tweet and not the full thing. It just started happening so it may just be a glitch, just wanted to put this out there.

Yeah, I've seen this happen a few times.  It seems to be related to when the board is bogged down with traffic and things don't load correctly. 

If it continues, please let us know.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I've seen this happen a few times.  It seems to be related to when the board is bogged down with traffic and things don't load correctly. 

If it continues, please let us know.

I saw some tweets and they look fine. It was in the basketball section of the board where it was the worst. If that helps any, the main forum and recruiting have looked fine.