What Has Ice Melting...

Guys,

As you know, I'm an extremely optimistic poster. I love Nebraska, I believe we have righted the ship and are about to set sail on an adventurous season that will have us at 9+ wins.

As I was on a cruise yesterday, I started to think about a couple icebergs that had me wondering. Could these issues cause a couple titanic problems for our Huskers?

Alright, had enough of the oceanic theme?

The Cornerback.

Exhibit A: Ultra Talented Lamar Jackson

- Yes, he was highly rated, but he didn't make much impact in year 1. Most folks said he was a Safety and he is now suooosed to be our top corner. Could he have come into his own in 1 year? Absolutely. We will find out soonish.

Eric Lee

He was an afterthought for the past year it sure seemed, perhaps on the verge of transferring. Now he is our 2 and we are expecting big things. Could the coaching change and scheme have helped Lee? Let's hope so.

Bootle

IMO he might be the best guy, perhaps another diamond in the Florida. But again, a young guy thrust into a huge role. Let's wait and see.

OL as a whole.

Last year, we really really struggled at times. Yes we are a year older, but basically the same fellas. Did they get better? Lord help us if they didn't.

QB

What if Mr. Lee is who they thought he was coming out of HS? The hype train is EASY to get rolling in Nebraska because everyone loves their football. Time will tell, but if he flounders, bet your ass we see Gebbia this year.

I believe in our coaching staff that these areas will be just fine, but wanted to make a point about if they are not, we might struggle because they are PIVOTAL to a teams sucesss. 

• Plus1 3