I love Football Guy Bob

Cdog923

2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

UConn has played in a BCS/NY6 bowl more recently than Nebraska and has over 20 guys in the NFL currently.

Diaco led teams were losing games by 30 with a first round corner in Byron Jones and a second round safety in Obi Melifonwu. Diaco's lack of ability to properly organize a program i.e. establish strong recruiting ties, hire good coaches/coordinators, and overly aggressive micro managerial tendencies did him in at UConn. Not to mention the fact that he's batsh#t. Jerry Kill had agreed to take the OC job at UConn this past December and Diaco said no. He was fired a week later. 

The guy is perfectly suited for the role he is currently in. But if you turned the reigns over to him as head coach you'd find out very quickly he'd be in way over his head. And yes, you can look at his time as a HC and see that. 

You assume that a coach doesn't learn anything from a past coaching stop.  Again, I'm not saying he's the guy.  He might not be.  But I will not look at a record at UConn as the measuring stick.  I totally understand where you are coming from.  Maybe my opinion will fall in line with yours if Randy Edsall goes in and turns things around.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

El Diaco probably should look into that, too, although "El Football Guy Bob" doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well. 

*Il Diaco, he's Italian, not Spanish.

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Bob Diaco is laying the groundwork to be our next Head Coach if Riley doesn't succeed. 

And damn if he isn't saying the right things I want to hear from the coaches. Let's just hope it translates well to the field on Saturdays (and one asstacular Friday in Illinois) 

11 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

You really, really, really don't want this to happen. Trust me. I watched 3 years of this guy as a head coach for my alma mater. Defensive Coordinator sure. Head coach? Absolutely not. 

No, I agree with you. The Deadspin article on the faux rivalry game is rather brutal, and his tenure as a head coach was a s*** show at best. 

Doesn't mean Il Diaco isn't gonna keep tryin' though. 

2 hours ago, huskered17 said:

Diaco and Bo are DC. That's where they really proved themselves.

Are next head coach, if he keeps up what he has done so far, is Frost I hope. I want Riley to win and win big, but his age says he is not going to be around for 20yrs.

GBR!!!

Some coaches are great coordinators and not head coaches. I believe Bob is one of those guys