RB Ronald Thompkins [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

11 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Thompkins commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida State
    • Tennessee
    • LSU
    • Penn State
    • Mississippi State

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Moiraine said:

So basically he wouldn't recruit one he'd have to coach to do that. I would think lots of high school running backs aren't good at it yet.

truth.  They needed a 3 down back that can run inside/outside zone, pass pro, and occasionally get hit in the facemask with a screen pass.  Leaves you missing out on a ton of talented backs.  

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't think the last staff as a whole had that philosophy.  They didn't do too bad in other areas of recruiting.  

I do believe Bo said something to the fact that it was difficult, though.

Didnt say as a whole. Just meant at the RB position.  They signed Devine Ozigbo, Tre Bryant (who could be a solid complete back if healthy), and snagged Bradley late.  Not great results in 3 classes of RB recruiting.

Held has got M. Jones, Greg Bell, Rahmir Johnson, Ronald Thompkins, and Thomas Grayson since December.  

Ron Brown did a great job with the RB position under Pelini.  Almost too good with AA, Heard, and Green.  

• Plus1 3
Just now, swmohusker said:

Didnt say as a whole. Just meant at the RB position.  They signed Devine Ozigbo, Tre Bryant (who could be a solid complete back if healthy), and snagged Bradley late.  Not great results in 3 classes of RB recruiting.

Held has got M. Jones, Greg Bell, Rahmir Johnson, Ronald Thompkins, and Thomas Grayson since December.  

Ron Brown did a great job with the RB position under Pelini.  Almost too good with AA, Heard, and Green.  

Yeah.  I went back and re-read how you wrote it and misunderstood initially.  You're pretty much spot on

He’s a thousand percent done,” Watson said. “I handle our school’s recruiting, so almost all the text messages and phone calls come to me. That’s just how we do it, and I made it clear, Ronald is done. This is done.”

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

This staff is super confident in recruiting and developing QBs. I'd imagine they would feel like they're limiting themselves by accepting a commitment from a guy so early in the process.

This. It's a 2020 kid they told to wait, he hasn't even played his Jr year of HS.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I said "allegedly" because that was the prevailing thought in the QB's profile.  

It does seem odd with how they want a commitment to be done and all N that they would take one from someone that hasn't visited the campus and facilities yet.  But as long as he sticks with it, it's all good.

Fwiw his HC/recruiting cord says he is shutting it down and they have told other schools (including LSU, BAMA, USC and PSU) that he is done.

Obviously that could change at any moment. But it does make you feel better, or at least me, that he already has the "worried about this offer making him flip" offers. 

Edit: Oops, didn't see page 2! You boys got it covered!

3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Fwiw his HC/recruiting cord says he is shutting it down and they have told other schools (including LSU, BAMA, USC and PSU) that he is done.

Obviously that could change at any moment. But it does make you feel better, or at least me, that he already has the "worried about this offer making him flip" offers. 

Edit: Oops, didn't see page 2! You boys got it covered!

I have full confidence that Frost is not taking a commitment unless that player is done with the process.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I have full confidence that Frost is not taking a commitment unless that player is done with the process.

I agree. But they are 17 yo kids, so I bet there will be situations where they truely believe they are "done", but then something happens and they take a visit, etc. 

Heck I always said if I was Cam Jurgens last year I would have used all 5 OVs just to see some places.