RB Ronald Thompkins [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

11 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Thompkins commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida State
    • Tennessee
    • LSU
    • Penn State
    • Mississippi State

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I agree. But they are 17 yo kids, so I bet there will be situations where they truely believe they are "done", but then something happens and they take a visit, etc. 

Heck I always said if I was Cam Jurgens last year I would have used all 5 OVs just to see some places. 

I believe Frost would encourage them to take all the visits they want.  Just don't commit.  Not that he's going to pull the offer like Iowa.  But I can see him telling the kids to make the most of it and they will be there ready to accept them once they are all done.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Already seen musings on what the three RBs think of having three in one class.  I would guess that they're selling them on guys playing multiple spots and all being able to play a lot.  But it could be interesting.

However, this is a good sign.

It works because one RB isn't going to get a lionshare of the carries in this offense, as they'll be spread around. Along with the point you made of playing multiple spots.

• Plus1 1

What a snag here, we are now officially done with the RB room I would presume for 2019. One of these guys is a replacement in case Washington never plays a down here. Others have alluded to this as well but this guy will play the Duck R position or the position that Miles Jones and Tyjon will play. This is just my perspective on it, he may play the true RB position but I see him fitting that Miles Jones role really well. Basically, just get the man on the field! Thompkins is getting over an ACL injury as well which may be a reason why some schools have backed off but it looks like he is recovered and ready to play. 

Ryan Held> Donte Williams as a recruiter, unpopular but true opinion. Also, Donte is a fantastic recruiter nothing to take away from him but looking at it from a Nebraska perspective Held is better and you see why. Done with RB room and now will go and hit up jucos and go recruit other positions to solidify the class.

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, Ziebol the Red said:

He’s a thousand percent done,” Watson said. “I handle our school’s recruiting, so almost all the text messages and phone calls come to me. That’s just how we do it, and I made it clear, Ronald is done. This is done.”

3 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Now I know they are in 2 different recruiting classes, but the QB from Alabama was on campus and wanted to commit but was allegedly talked out of it by the coaches.

This guy hasn't been to campus and has de-committed from one school already and they take his commitment?

DISCLAIMER:  THIS IS NOT A COMMENT THAT IS FINDING FAULT IN THE COACHING STAFF!!!  I REPEAT, NOT TRYING TO FIND FAULT!!!  JUST AN OBSERVATION!!!

This would explain why the coaching staff was willing to accept Thompkins' commitment, sight unseen.

I remember watching Oregon about 9 yrs ago and hey just got the ball to like, 8 different guys who seemed ready to take it to the house every play.  Didn’t know their names, whence they came, or follow them at all. But they were dangerous and effective.  

I think kids like this player are in that vein.  Except, I love Nebraska football and know all about him lol 

cant wait to see all this talent. 

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

8 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Auburn is pushing for a visit.  He is still down their list behind a couple guys who they have a shot with but want to keep things open with Ronald. 

The question really is, does Ronald want to keep his recruitment open to them? Or maybe this is Auburn telling Frost to stay away from Pappoe.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

The question really is, does Ronald want to keep his recruitment open to them? Or maybe this is Auburn telling Frost to stay away from Pappoe.

I thought about that also but they havent mentioned one thing about Pappoe possibly visting us with Thompkins on any of their boards.  

I just came across their RB recruiting board and they had them listed in order.  Thompkins was 4th on their board but the guy posting it said that they want him to visit.  

2 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I thought about that also but they havent mentioned one thing about Pappoe possibly visting us with Thompkins on any of their boards.  

I just came across their RB recruiting board and they had them listed in order.  Thompkins was 4th on their board but the guy posting it said that they want him to visit.  

In Pappoe's thread, it was mentioned that Schaef alluded to a potential visit to Nebraska.

• 2 weeks later...