Broken Chair Remade

On 9/2/2017 at 9:29 AM, 4skers89 said:

Exchanging the trophy between bars is a nice compromise between those that favor the chair and those of us that see it as a reminder of one bad aspect (anger issue) of an otherwise decent coach and would prefer it not be an official trophy.

I don't think this trophy has anything to do with coach Pelini's emotions.  It has everything to do with a nascent rivalry between two great schools.

21 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

I don't think this trophy has anything to do with coach Pelini's emotions.  It has everything to do with a nascent rivalry between two great schools.

It may have started as a jovial indictment of Pelini's emotions, but like most rivalries, it's become so much more than that. 

Hell, at this point, it's more about thumbing our nose at our AD office and its lack of a sense of humor than anything else. But in a year or two, it may be something different yet. 

• Plus1 3

16 hours ago, knapplc said:

Yes, and at corporate infiltration into our favorite sport.

Speaking of, Oregon barely had any commercials at their game. Just the usual digital car race and find the hat games. It was super refreshing to not hear some bank, pizza place, doctors office, or soft drink advertised every 5 minutes!

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Speaking of, Oregon barely had any commercials at their game. Just the usual digital car race and find the hat games. It was super refreshing to not hear some bank, pizza place, doctors office, or soft drink advertised every 5 minutes!

Meanwhile, Nebraska added new ribbon boards and enhanced the old ones, so there's much more space for graphics in the stadium now.

What did they do with that space?  Add more live game stats, scores from other games, or special in-game information to enhance the fan experience?

HAHAHA NOPE LOL !!!!1!!eleven!!

What they DID was take away all of that stuff that used to be in the ribbon boards, all that info that used to be so helpful while watching the game. All they had on those ribbon boards was ads (won't say for what, but the typical sponsors you see at a Husker game), and they even dedicated large chunks of screen real estate to Nebraska's & ASU's logos. 

Because LOGOS are going to enhance my fan experience.

Logos. 

Good job, Nebraska.  Way to step it up for your fans.

• Plus1 8