Broken Chair Remade

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's still tough to get stats on your phone.  At least through Verizon, my phone gets throttled every few minutes.  I'll go five/ten minutes without being able to update Twitter, and ESPN is terrible to use to get live stats.

I sometimes wonder if they're not throttling everything else at the stadium to encourage you to pay for the Husker app, but I tried that sucker and it's garbage. 

I could bring some headphones & tune in to the radio, I guess. Mom used to do that back in the day, one ear free & one ear with a bud listening to the radio, & she seemed well-enough informed.

With all that screen real estate, it's awful that we even have to have this conversation.  There should be more information than you can absorb at the game, but so far there's less.  Stupid.

They don't throttle the phone, there are just 100k people in a very small foot print which means an extremly high traffic volume for the cell towers, and radio waves constantly crossing over each other. I had a buddy who updated the stadium to try to improve the reception, but that was probably 5 or 6 years ago. How much money do they really want to spend for 6 or 7 days out of the year? 

More stats on the board would be much cheaper me thinks. :D

• Plus1 1

• 1 month later...