But what about the criminals

zoogs

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/qvv5zv/a-hockey-players-assault-sentence-was-postponed-so-it-wouldnt-hurt-his-internship?utm_campaign=global&utm_source=vicefbca

This guy assaulted a girl but what, are we going to ruin his life over it? He's got job prospects we need to protect! How devastating would it be if his assault sentence affected his internship and his business degree.

This, like many similar examples, is a case of society telling women that they don't matter as much as the lives and futures of the people who hurt them. Ours is a world where people receive public tongue-lashings for weed and get this for assaulting women:

He said the plea deal was "the right way to go in all respects." He praised Macdonald on his excellence "in employment, in athletics, and in academics." He noted, "I played extremely high-end hockey and I know the mob mentality that can exist in that atmosphere." He told Macdonald he had significant confidence that "you will almost certainly never put yourself in this situation again," describing the assault as a "fork in the road."

• Plus1 1

I am a "tough on crime" person.  This "guy" should have whatever part of his body he used to assault the girl with amputated.  Then he can go back to his internship.  

If he hit her, cut off his hand.  Kicked her, cut off his foot.  If you are guilty of something like this...pay the price.

That's awful biblical of you teach!

What a pathetic statement by this judge. I think it's fair to claim impartiality in this instance. In case you didn't notice:

Comments made by the judge throughout the proceedings and reported by the Whig-Standard suggest that he felt a large degree of empathy for Macdonald. Like Macdonald, Justice Letourneau graduated from Queen's and played hockey.

This propping up the perpetrator of sexual violence as the victim is disgusting and should be called out whenever and wherever it occurs. This kid, just like Brock Turner before him, got off with a slap on the wrist because of who he knew and his societal status, rather than serving fair time that reflects his crime.

Also, I don't want to open this Pandora's box, but I will... does anybody envision the same outcome if a young black man committed the same offenses?

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

That's awful biblical of you teach!

What a pathetic statement by this judge. I think it's fair to claim impartiality in this instance. In case you didn't notice:

This propping up the perpetrator of sexual violence as the victim is disgusting and should be called out whenever and wherever it occurs. This kid, just like Brock Turner before him, got off with a slap on the wrist because of who he knew and his societal status, rather than serving fair time that reflects his crime.

Also, I don't want to open this Pandora's box, but I will... does anybody envision the same outcome if a young black man committed the same offenses?

My thinking is this...if you are stronger than someone, physically or mentally and you use that advantage to hurt someone...you need that body part that you used to hurt them to be amputated.  

http://amp.ketv.com/article/police-10-year-old-girl-was-tortured-for-months-dragged-behind-car/12162606

Read about these jackasses.  They gave her one meal per day and doused it in hot sauce?  f#*k them.  They dragged her behind a f'ing car.  They beat her with rolled up newspapers that were covered in electrical tape?  f#*k them.  They treated her like a rabid dog.  Those mother f'ers deserve to be executed.  This was not a one time thing, this went on for month.

• Plus1 1