College Jobs

Didn't work my first year. Always had good summer jobs...

2nd year I was head hasher in our fraternity. Basically rode herd on the pledges for meal cleanup but on weekends cooked breakfast for about 60 guys. Think the pay was half my house bill.

One or two summers I worked for Stolte Plumbing in Lincoln, new construction, mostly houses, rough ins and finishes.

Didn't work during the school year but had a couple different summer jobs during college. First year out I ran the city recreation organization in my hometown. Everything from scheduling games to finding team sponsors to lining ball fields to scheduling umpires. Thank god it lasted 2 months. The other summers I spent my time working for my uncle roofing houses. Made me realize how much I needed to finish college so I didn't spend my life up there. 

I didn't work my first 2 years when I was in college.  When I was a junior, I worked the first semester at the University Foundation.  I basically would cold call UNL alumni to solicit donations for the college they graduated from.  It wasn't a bad job, and it was only a few hours a night, only during the week.

I then worked the last year and a half of school, at a shoe store at the Gateway Mall.  I was a bit of a shoe geek, so that was fun, plus the other people I worked with were almost all college kids.  Sundays were funny to work because everyone would come in hungover and the air reeked of all the alcohol leaving our bodies.

I worked at a private golf course during the school year and over the summer.  It was by and large an awesome gig.  I worked in the men's lounge and made pretty solid money plus we always hired a group of generally really good looking girls to drive the beer carts/work the snack bar.  The only slight drawback was having to be to work at 6a (or earlier at times) on Saturdays and Sundays so that made mornings pretty interesting on the nights I stayed out and partied.  The good thing was I had the same group of guys every morning that would come in for breakfast and they were usually more hungover than I was so we just usually laughed at each other's misfortune.  Those were fun times.