What did we learn-Game 1 Arky State

JJ Husker

1. Our Defense looks exactly like it has for the past 5 years. Lost without a clue.

2. The O-line has regressed.

3. Our LB's are terrible

4. The secondary plays way too much cushion to be effective against that type Offense.

5. Special Teams are still lacking.

6. We do not intimidate anyone anymore.

1. Glen Mason is probably hammered during broadcasts
2. Blain Gabbert's forward progress call took 7 years to be avenged
3. Our defensive linemen will look like they are in an offensive stance now but they seem ok
4. The secondary scheme is no bueno

5. If you don't rush four on pass plays while playing soft coverage you're going to have a bad day
6. We have a lot of potential between QB, RB, and WR

7. Lee is a competent QB
8. The O-line is just ok
9.Special teams is still the wrong kind of special in a few aspects
10. Lightbourn seems to have found himself after being thrust into the starting role last year
11. Nebraska has been on life support for years, and may be dead this year...

12. It's going to be a loooooong season.

• Plus1 1

Just now, teachercd said:

Lee completed 18 passes, maybe 19?  Lame

The D looked lame

Riley is still the same coach we all thought he was

Abd herin is the reality.  I feel reasonably comfortable to say that a coach, who is basically .500 career, is not going to suddenly become an elite level coach in the twilight of his career.  He is a nice guy.  I want a winner.

• Plus1 1

I think the D will be better next week.  It has to be.  That was the most vanilla d I have seen in my life.  In a 3-4, the line is there to contain while the linebackers make the plays.  Hard to make plays when you're running the wrong way.  Hard to get QB pressure when your outside linebackers aren't rushing the QB.  I think Bob has some tricks up his sleeve or he's got less football knowledge than my peewee coach did back in 1979.

1. Arkansas State came to play with a solid team of players who are used to winning.

2. Diaco refused to change his scheme to account for the underneath routes 

3. Special teams looked 1000 times better than last year... BUT they still need to get a lot better

4. Lee throws a great catchable long ball

5. CLOCK MANAGEMENT should be #1 priority when leading late in fourth quarter

Just now, ESPNSEC SUCKS said:

1. Arkansas State came to play with a solid team of players who are used to winning.

2. Diaco refused to change his scheme to account for the underneath routes 

3. Special teams looked 1000 times better than last year... BUT they still need to get a lot better

4. Lee throws a great catchable long ball

5. CLOCK MANAGEMENT should be #1 priority when leading late in fourth quarter

Cost us games in 2015 and almost the game tonight.  Boggles the mind this staff is so inept at this facet of coaching.  Oblivious to the clock at times.

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Abd herin is the reality.  I feel reasonably comfortable to say that a coach, who is basically .500 career, is not going to suddenly become an elite level coach in the twilight of his career.  He is a nice guy.  I want a winner.

I wish he'd realize this, take his paycheck, gracefully and quietly back out and let Scott Frost in.  

• Plus1 1