Post Game Presser- Arkansas State

seaofred92

5 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

If Diaco doesn't speak during the post game PC, he's a chicken.  His defense looked god awful and he should be answering questions as to what the hell happened.  He needs to own this garbage and show these kids he takes responsibility for that crapshow on the field.

I agree...he needs to man up and explain why they were not prepared and why they didnt make enough second half adjustments.

• Plus1 2

Obviously Riley isn't going to come out after game one and trash his DC that he replaced his former DC and really good friend with. But in all honesty, the defense probably would have fared a little better in this game under Banker then they did under Diaco. Maybe some of that is players still learning the system, maybe not, but overall it is just one game and I hope adjustments are made for week 2 and beyond otherwise this is going to be a long, long season.

Just now, bnilhome said:

I agree...he needs to man up and explain why they were not prepared and why they didnt make enough second half adjustments.

Well the defense did only give up 10 points in the second half as opposed to the 26 they gave up in the first half.

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Obviously Riley isn't going to come out after game one and trash his DC that he replaced his former DC and really good friend with. But in all honesty, the defense probably would have fared a little better in this game under Banker then they did under Diaco. Maybe some of that is players still learning the system, maybe not, but overall it is just one game and I hope adjustments are made for week 2 and beyond otherwise this is going to be a long, long season.

Well the defense did only give up 10 points in the second half as opposed to the 26 they gave up in the first half.

Technically the offense gave up 2 and the special teams gave up 7, but yeah... not a good defensive outing.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Yeah didn't like how in the final 4 minutes we allowed Ark State to roar right back and put us on the verge of losing.

I actually thought the defense looked better the 2nd half before the last few minutes. I think that uptempo ASU ran wore the Husker D down by the end. The other thing is we still don't appear to have any stars on D - Kalu was the closest.

• Plus1 1