I mean....

Redux

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You just don't know that. Oregon might be the greatest team EVER, but they might also be a team that struggles with a coaching and culture change. If the Huskers had opened with 1AA SomethingU like Oregon did, we'd look just as good right now.

Sure, and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass when they hop.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You do know that Oregon went 4-8 last year, right?

Yeah, we also went 7-0 until falling apart.  They also fired their coach.

We could go and sh#t stomp an inept Oregon squad next week.  We will still be the team that avoided OT vs ArkSt.  Not....good.

2 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

Yeah, we also went 7-0 until falling apart.  They also fired their coach.

We could go and sh#t stomp an inept Oregon squad next week.  We will still be the team that avoided OT vs ArkSt.  Not....good.

Yeah, stomping Oregon and almost losing to ArkSt would be terrible. :sarcasm

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You just don't know that. Oregon might be the greatest team EVER, but they might also be a team that struggles with a coaching and culture change. If the Huskers had opened with 1AA SomethingU like Oregon did, we'd look just as good right now.

So we should have started with McNeese or South Dakota St. Wait wut

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, brophog said:

2016 Auburn L 51-14

2015 USC L 55-6

2014 Tennessee L 34-19

I know this may be news to some, but Nebraska is not in the Sun Belt.

The point is: they are a competent program. They win. 

Should we we have won by 20? Yes. Still think when we got up by 15 we took the foot off the gas. 

I guess I prefer the positive outlook. They only got 200 yards after halftime. Held the run game in check. 

A young secondary against a veteran qb. He took advantage of it, in the first half. Much better play overall in the second half. 

These games happen. Western Michigan had USC on the ropes today. If you just look at the final score, your missing the actual point. Is Western Michigan better than ashy? Maybe.

the whole dynamic can shift in a week. Michigan is the darling right

now. That Florida offense has been trash for a few years now; long season. Story will be told by mid to late October. 

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

If you were toying and playing vanilla defense all game long to try and "hide" something from Oregon, then I would hope we'd say enough is enough when Arkansas State is down 14 and about to score to make it a one score game within the final minutes. Then I would hope if Arkansas State gets the onside kick we would really turn up the defense to make sure they got nowhere close to scoring or tying the game.

IMO, the hiding playbooks to keep things secretive against future opponents is hogwash, and it certainly shouldn't and wouldn't apply when you may lose a game.

I've never bought into this, ever.

People always say this in the first 2-3 games of a season when one side of the ball fails to impress..... "oh, they'll be fine, they were just being vanilla". I feel like I've heard this excuse enough to the point where it has become code for "this is the best we've got, so brace yourself".

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Why are you pretending that you already know what the rest of the season will bring?

I know that barely nudging out Arkansas State is not noticeable the  progress  we should be seeing in year 3. Wisconsin. Ohio state overcame early defecits.  That's the difference.  And they played tougher squads.

11 games left.  I get it.  I hate being that guy, but yikes guys.

• Plus1 1
Just now, 1995 Redux said:

I know that barely nudging out Arkansas State is not noticeable the  progress  we should be seeing in year 3. Wisconsin. Ohio state overcame early defecits.  That's the difference.  And thry plaued tougher squads.

You may be right, but once again, you don't know they played tougher squads. That remains to be seen. Arky St may turn out to be no good, and the Huskers will have a death spiral of a season, but before I run off to shout the sky is falling, maybe I'll see how they look against Miami and how the Huskers look at Oregon.