The good news...

ASU was a great test.  Contrary to some thoughts, they are a very good team, even if in the Sunbelt.  I wouldn't be quick to dismiss our performance as an anomaly.  They were not the type of team to go "vanilla" on.  I've thought for years that was always our plan.  Don' show anything until we had to.....  Did anyone think at any point we had that game in control?  Any point we could continue to play "vanilla" and be ok?  We gave up a safety, punt return TD, lost and onside kick and almost gave up 500 yards.....Weplayed last night as that's what we are in game one.  Had we had something exotic or a way to counter we would have. Teams don't hold back.  Maybe a "trick" play or wrinkle here and there, but the brain trust we have in coaching is not going to continue to use some milk toast defense in its first real game. Games, even per Diaco, is when you see what you have.

Cav was the happiest guy in Huskerland seeing that show Diaco put on.

maybe it was a vanilla base defense, but wouldn't it be nice to have your coach explain that and calm the waters a bit?  Maybe the only flavor is vanilla. And at what point do you push the oh crap button and open it up a bit to save the game?  I don't know if it's good timing to wait until its 43-36 with a minute left .     And the offense didn't help that situation but that is a different thread.  

• Plus1 1